News From ATOMOS
ATOMOS Product Releases and Updates
FREE AtomosOS 8.4 update for Sumo19 & Sumo19M:
“Atomos CEO Jeromy Young explains the benefits of the new AtomoOS 8.4 release for Sumo19 & 19M. This free update brings a raft of new features including the new dynamic backlight control with improved blacks, support for Panasonic’s Varicam LT Raw output at 240fps in 2K and enhanced audio support for several cameras and a wide range of gaming consoles.”
Available Now! AtomOS 8.4 For Shogun and Ninja Inferno!
– Added support for Panasonic Varicam LT 10-bit RAW 2kp100/120/200/240 to ProRes & DNX.
– Added support for Panasonic Varicam LT 12-bit RAW to CDNG up to 4kp30.
– Added support for Panasonic Varicam LT 10-bit RAW 2kp100/120 to CDNG.
– Added PanaRAW gamma and gamut options in HDR playback.
– Added an option to embed Analog audio into the loop out signal:
– Turn on “Embed Analog audio” in the Audio menu.
– Select which channel to embed by clicking on the “A” button.
– The embedded channel will replace the existing channel on the loop out.
– Audio meters will continue to show the input signal.
– Added File metadata to .mov files for Rec.2100 modes (PQ and HLG) when ATOM HDR monitor mode is enabled. This enables Auto NLE workflows & HDMI HDR standard flag insertion. “Auto HDR” option added in the ATOM HDR options (Support for PQ/HLG and BT.709/BT.2020):
– Activates reading of standard HDMI HDR flags from sources.
– Enable this option when using a PQ or HLG workflow (eg. PS4 Pro and Microsoft Xbox).
– The HDMI input will decode HDR info frames from HDMI inputs and automatically configure the gamut and gamma.
– The HDMI output will also transmit the correct HDR info frames to the downstream monitor for PQ and HLG.
– In playback the .correct HDR mode will be automatically configured based on the .mov file metadata inserted.
– Added HDR support for RED Log3G10, REDWideGamutRGB to support the IPP2 colour pipe line.
– Added HDR support for Hybrid Log Gamma for Sony FS5, Z150 & Panasonic GH5.
ATOMOS at IBCShow 2017
Image is Everything! ATOMOS at IBCShow launches SUMO19M and the colourful, 15-Strong Connect converter range with their trademark combination of form and function
IMAGE IS EVERYTHING; ATOMOS LAUNCHES SUMO19M HDR 1200NIT HIGH BRIGHTNESS PRODUCTION AND STUDIO MONITOR
Atomos today launches the Sumo19M, an affordable high-brightness production monitor with HDR capabilities, 3D LUTs and touch control. At $1995 US it is perfect for professional film and video shooters wanting to up their game on set, without breaking the bank. Sumo19M is a monitor-only variant of the Sumo19 launched at NAB earlier in the year… Press Release
ATOMOS 15-STRONG CONNECT CONVERTER RANGE PREPARES TO INVADE IBC
The new Atomos Connect converter range has landed and is ready to colour-code your world. They form a comprehensive and versatile lineup of 15 different conversion, signal processing and system integration boxes that connect, convert, scale, sync, split and repeat your video signals… Press Release
Atomos Sumo 4K 60p HDR Monitor-Recorder
Atomos Sumo 19” HDR monitor-recorder for production, studio and live switching. Sumo is the first production monitor that also records 4K 12bit Raw, 10bit ProRes/DNxHR plus 1080p60 live switching and recording.
On set recording of dallies, proxies or full 4K60p masters
RAW capture from Canon, Sony and Panasonic
Fully calibrated, 10bit HDR Grading Monitor in the studio / suite
19” 1200nit 1920×1080 10-bit LCD panel is driven by the AtomHDR Engine
Quad SDI (3G-SDI Quad-link or 12G-SDI) and HDMI 2.0 with conversion
Switch and mix a live record and stream or record 4 x HD ISO recordings
Flexible mount and power options
Open, affordable support for SSD’s installed in supplied Master Caddy system
On-Camera / Portable Products
Shogun Inferno combines our award winning HDR, high bright monitor with high resolution, high frame rate recording. Designed for the world’s leading cinema cameras with both Quad-Link SDI* and HDMI 2.0 connections for recording up to 4K 60p (HD 240p*) video, 4K 30p Raw to CDNG* and 4K 60p Raw to ProRes / DNxHR*.
Change the way you shoot with Log. Record Log in 4K or HD ProRes/DNxHR from video or raw cameras with the Shogun Flame’s HDMI or SDI inputs and thanks to the AtomHDR engine’s combination of 10+ stops dynamic range, 1500nit brightness and 10-bit colour processing you can monitor the HDR Log with vivid, natural colours.
The perfect partner for DSLR and Mirror-less cameras with Log output over HDMI. From gimbal operators to Corporate to Indy filmmakers, your recordings are instantly upgraded to the de facto standard for Hollywood, Indie & Broadcasters (ProRes and DNxHR), ensuring you’re not technically rejected in Post and letting you see the detail of your camera’s Log on set with natural colours on the calibrated 7″ AtomHDR High Bright monitor.
Your LOG camera is now HDR. Shoot video the way you intended and capture directly to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD. Edit responsive 220 Mbps clips inside the timeline and push your grade further with the 10-bit colour space. From the core, every feature has been designed with professionals in mind focusing on improving the performance and capability of your camera.
Broadcast / Pro AV
…with leading manufacturer and developer brands like Apple, Adobe & AVID to create add-on camera touchscreens for Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, Arri, JVC & Red to improve quality, reduce production costs and save time in the end-to end workflow.
Atomos have redefined what monitors and recorders can do by merging what was a separate feature set for Recording, Playback, Monitoring & Editing into a single device that makes every camera a professional camera.
Every camera records, however the internal recording often isn’t suitable in professional applications. Atomos overcome many of the limitations professionals face with their camera.
With a single connection, video professionals add recording direct from the camera sensor to Hollywood-ready formats like Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR onto affordable & high capacity HDD/SSD media.
Along side professional recording, the calibrated touchscreen is an audio and video monitor with an array of shot setup scopes and a playback device with on-board controls for instant shot review, tagging and play-out to larger monitors, making it a Swiss army knife for Production, Post-production & Digital signage.
SHOOT HDR WITH LOG CAMERAS
AtomHDR image processing lets you shoot with the high brightness range of your camera’s Log profile while maintaining vibrant true-to-life colours. Conventional monitors lack this capability, displaying the brightness detail of Log but with a washed out image that makes judging exposure difficult. Be at the forefront of the HDR revolution by having a field monitor capable of resolving HDR in the field as you see it in Post Production and record the original Log image direct from the sensor for HDR grading in post production.
Follow Broadcast Bruce
...on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or wherever works to keep updated on industry announcements!
I am always looking to connect with industry professionals with a passion for the technologies and processes of video creation. If you are keen for a coffee and a chat about what you are seeing going on around you – some new technology or policy; its impact and implications – please feel free to reach out and connect. More ways to Contact Broadcast Bruce…