Call now for integrated solutions built around BirdDog Studio and other NewTek NDI technologies.
Transition to an IP Workflow today and reap the rewards of a more flexible and powerful production environment!
BirdDog is dedicated to simplifying your transition from baseband video to IP workflows such as NDI.
The transition to an IP-based workflow doesn’t have to involve complex and expensive equipment. It also doesn’t demand the replacement of your existing tools, which are likely doing their current job well. Ask Bruce if you are interested in understanding a little more about how IP technologies like BirdDog, can simplify, and enhance, any production environment. Get more from what you’ve got!
BirdDog News & Updates…
Version 20.x Firmware for P100 (20.10.3756), P200 (20.10.3373), P400 (20.11.170) and P4K (20.11.170) cameras! There are multiple steps and requirements for these updates and you are advised to read the release notes THOROUGHLY and contact Broadcast Bruce if you have ANY concerns or questions.
Key improvements and feature additions are listed below:
- Added New Colour Matrix (P100/P200)
- Added 72 Gamma Steps (P200)
- Added New Video Enhancement tools (P200)
- Added New Detail Enhancement tools (P200)
- Added New Exposure Enhancement tools (P200)
- Added New Codec Engine
- Added New Control Engine
- Tighter integration with BirdDog Cam Control 2.0
BirdDog Flex v1.6.2 firmware brings some substantial new features and enhancements to the BirdDog Flex converters making them
more flexible. Key improvements and feature additions are listed below:
- Fixed Dashboard labels
- Fixed the issue with the Firefox not displaying the Dashboard correctly
- Fixed random error when increasing bandwidth of NDI Encode
- Fixed the issue with 2160p25 inputs, not working correctly in Auto mode
BirdDog 4K v20.10.167 firmware brings some substantial new features and enhancements to the BirdDog 4K converters making them more
flexible. Key improvements and feature additions are listed below:
- Fixed the issue with the encoder locking up when set to DHCP
- Added NDI v.4.5.3 support
- Added NDI bandwidth management
- Enabled decode mode
- Improved the OLED display refresh rate
- Improved the Tally display refresh rate
- Minor cosmetic improvements made to BirdDog Dashboard (WebUI)
- Under the hood performance and stability improvements.
Known limitations are listed below:
- When in Decode Mode changing video format could result in distorted audio. Restarting video is required after changing
decode formats to ensure clean audio.
- 2K inputs are not supported
- 4K DCI SDI inputs are not supported
- SFP+ interface is disabled
- USB port is disabled
BirdDog PTZ Keyboard v1.95 firmware brings some substantial new features and enhancements to the BirdDog PTZ Keyboard product
making it more flexible. Key improvements and feature additions are listed below:
- NDI v4.5 support – This version of firmware includes the latest NDI libraries with a significant performance boost.
- Improved stability with 3rd party cameras over NDI.
- Fixed the presets numbers offset issue
IMPORTANT – Must have performed the V1.7 Two Step Update! Make sure you read the release notes first!
Version 3.6.x Firmware for all Mini and Studio NDI customers brings some substantial new features and enhancements to the BirdDog Mini product making it more flexible. Key improvements and feature additions are listed below:
Significant improvements in our sender and receiver efficiency
- Added NDI v4.5.3 support
- Reduced heat emission
- Fixed issue where some software receivers could not detect frame changes within a frame causing them to crash
- Added 1080p24 and 1080p23.98 encode and decode
- Added ability to switch between the full bandwidth and proxy stream in Decode mode
- Added Comms support in Decode mode
- Minor cosmetic improvements made to BirdDog Dashboard (WebUI)
Announcing Free 1.2 Update to Comms Pro and Comms Lite!
New functions include:
- Volume Slider for Director to adjust volume out to the camera operators
- Full screen preview on external monitor
** Please note Studio NDI and Mini users will need to update to firmware 3.1 **
Introducing The Smallest 4K NDI on the Planet.
4K NDI® in an incredibly small package. Flex delivers everything you have come to expect from BirdDog’s one cable solution including Tally, Audio Intercom, Video, Audio, PTZ Control, and Power all down a single Ethernet cable. With 3 models to choose from in the Flex Family is a Flex to perfect for your workflow needs.
BirdDog NDI Multiview
6 NDI Multiview Outputs. 5 Layout Options. 1 Powerful Software App.
NDI Multiview has been designed to be incredibly powerful and super intuitive to use. Create an NDI Multiview stream in a matter of seconds. Simply select the Multiview layout of your choice, select which NDI® source you want in each window, and select which overlays you wish to see. Toggle on the NDI® switch and you are sending a Multiview window out as a standard NDI® source. Yes. It really is that easy.
BirdDog P400 4K PTZ
Announcing P400 – World’s First 10-Bit NDI in 4K with Professional Colour Tools!
10-bit NDI in stunning 4K resolution and allows chroma subsampling in your choice of 4:2:0 or 4:2:2.
BirdDog’s custom NDI® silicon chip, a 4K Sony CMOS Backlit sensor, and a true Sony Image Module.
Professional level colour tools including Colour Matrix control, Black Level, and Gamma including 512 pre-set gamma positions.
Use with Cam Control to open up all the Colour Matrix, Black Level, Gamma adjustment tools and shade remotely.
Incredible low light performance.
10-bit NDI, 6G SDI, HDMI 2.0 – simultaneous live outputs
20x Zoom, Genlock, Tally, Audio Intercom, superfine robotics, PoE.
We are accepting pre-orders. In manufacturing right now and shipping April.
Important Shipping Update on 4K Bi-Directional NDI converters!
BirdDog’s revolutionary 4Kp60 products are all in manufacturing now and not far away:
- 4K HDMI – mid April
- 4K SDI – mid April
- 4K QUAD – end of April
All units can switch between 4Kp60 NDI Encode and 4Kp60 NDI Decode. All HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0 and all SDI ports are 12G-SDI.
4K QUAD has 4 independent channels of 12G-SDI and can do 4 x streams of 4Kp60 NDI. Each connector can be configured as an input or an output, so you can have 2 x NDI 4Kp60 Decodes at the same time as 2 x 4Kp60 NDI Encodes!
Announcing Cam Control…
Cam Control is 100% FREE
Cam Control works with all BirdDog Cameras and gives remote access to all shading controls and the ability to colour match cameras in just seconds. Yes seconds.
This just might be the fastest colour matching solution the world has ever seen.
“We used the new BirdDog Cam Control software and I was blown away! Within seconds I was able to remotely colour match all BirdDog P200 cameras on the network across both studios to ensure a consistent look and image performance.”
Introducing BirdDog SDM Family!
Built upon Intel® SDM platform the BirdDog SDM Family will revolutionise the way content is distributed to even the largest installations. Simply install the SDM module inside an SDM compatible flat panel display (Such as PANASONIC SQ1 SERIES) for the most integrated and scalable NDI® to screen solution available. No more wall boxes or patch panels, now the AV distribution is built directly into the display.
Controlled by the all in one BirdDog OS and with two BirdDog SDM modules to choose from, M1 an M2, there is a solution for every project. M1 is a full NDI Sender and Receiver based on the Intel SDM-L form factor and M2 is an NDI Receiver built on the Intel® SDM-S module. With support for resolutions all the way up to 4Kp60, there is also a RESTful API for programming completely automated spaces.
PTZ Keyboard Has Arrived!
First stock of the BirdDog PTZ Keyboard has now arrived and gone out! A demo unit is available if you are keen to check it out.
The BirdDog PTZ Keyboard has BirdDog’s custom NDI hardware and will communicate with your PTZ cameras via NDI, NDI|HX, Visca over IP, RS422, and RS232 all at the same time, with dedicated ports for each on the back. With NDI, it has never been easier to connect with and control your cameras!
The keyboard has a really solid feel – from the joystick to the buttons and knobs. It is weighty enough to stay put on the desk when your moving the joystick, and compact enough to fit in the restricted desktop spaces found in a lot of live production environments. Operational feedback and videos will follow soon!
BirdDog Cloud Now Available!
BirdDog Cloud pricing is now available in either a complete yearly solution, or individual modules on a monthly subscription. Call and have a chat if you would like any clarification on how it works.
P4K – The world’s best full NDI PTZ camera
It was a given that they would do it. They had the NDI cameras. They had the 4K NDI encoder/decoders. They were obviously going to release a 4K camera at some point. Who would have guessed they’d do it so well though? On paper the P4K looks like it is going to be stunning.
- A mighty 1” Sony Exmor R CMOS 10-bit back lit Sensor
- 10-bit NDI4 – A Full 10-bit workflow!
- For the first time from BirdDog, NDI HX2 support.
- P4K also supports H.264 and HEVC/H.265 in both 4K and HD resolutions.
- Two independent 6G SDI outputs, one HDMI 2.0 output and support for HDBaseT and Fibre modules
- Simultaneous NDI Return Feed – Send PGM from your NDI switcher and decode out a 6G SDI or HDMI 2.0 port
- ePTZ (Region of Interest) in HD Mode
- Front, rear, and side Tally