LATEST NEWS FROM BLACKMAGIC
September 14, 2019 – Blackmagic RAW 1.5 – This software update includes support for Blackmagic RAW Speed Test on Mac, Windows and Linux. In addition, Blackmagic RAW 1.5 also includes plug-ins that add support for editing native Blackmagic RAW files in Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer. Available now for download from the Blackmagic Design web site
September 14, 2019 – Blackmagic Design Announces DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.1 Public Beta 3 – This software update improves editing and snapping behavior on the cut page, features redesigned timeline rulers, more accurate waveform drawing and introduces interface refinements that make it easier to see small cuts on the upper timeline. In addition, this update dramatically improves render speed for unchanged DNxUncompressed clips, includes additive compositing options to the light rays and glow Resolve FX plugins, improves sound library searches, addresses playback issues for clips with different sample rates, and more. New support for encoding AVC Intra 50, 100 and 200 has also been added to DaVinci Resolve Studio. Available now for download from the Blackmagic Design web site
September 3, 2019 – Desktop Video 11.4. Get HDR support for UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 including Rec. 2020, HDR metadata and transfer characteristics, 47.95 and 48 frame per second frame rates and more! Download Here – Capture Products
August 9, 2019 – Blackmagic Design Releases DaVinci Resolve 16 – Features the new Cut page along with over a hundred new tools, features and improvements such as the DaVinci Neural Engine, facial recognition, speed warp retiming, adjustment clips, GPU accelerated scopes, new Resolve FX, faster Fusion performance, elastic wave audio alignment, new Fairlight FX, immersive 3D audio support and more. Available now for download from the Blackmagic Design web site
IBC 2019 Update
Watch an update on what’s coming for URSA Broadcast, the new ATEM Mini, Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR, Videohub Control Panels and more!
Post Production and Camera Update – August 2019
Watch this video to learn about the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, DaVinci Resolve 16.1 and UltraStudio 4K Mini.
What’s New in DaVinci Resolve 16?
DaVinci Resolve 16 features a revolutionary new cut page specifically designed for editors that need to work quickly and on tight deadlines! The cut page isn’t about simplification, it’s about building a whole new powerful editing interface with professional tools that help you work faster. We’ve even borrowed some old concepts from the days of linear editing and completely modernised them for a high performance non-linear workflow. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen and we can’t wait to get your feedback!
But that’s not all, there are other powerful new features across the rest of the application. The new DaVinci Neural Engine uses machine learning to enable powerful new features such as facial recognition, speed warp, auto colour balancing and shot matching, object removal and more. New adjustment clips let you apply effects and grades to clips on the timeline below. The quick export menu has been added to all pages so you can output instantly or even direct upload to YouTube and Vimeo. The new GPU accelerated scopes provide more technical monitoring options than before. Plus, parts of the rendering engine have been rewritten so Fusion is dramatically faster. There is also a major update for Fairlight audio post production include new immersive 3D audio, elastic wave alignment for precisely syncing dialog replacement with video, new bus tracks, loudness meters, a foley sampler and much more! DaVinci Resolve 16 is a massive release with hundreds of features customers have asked for!
• DaVinci Neural Engine for AI and deep learning features.
• Dual timeline to edit and trim without zooming and scrolling.
• Source tape to review all clips as if they were a single tape.
• Trim interface to view both sides of an edit and trim.
• Intelligent edit modes to auto sync clips and edit.
• Timeline review playback speed based on clip length.
• Built in tools for retime, stabilisation and transform.
• Render and upload directly to YouTube and Vimeo.
• Direct media import via buttons.
• Scalable interface for working on laptop screens.
• Create projects with different frame rates and resolutions.
• Apply effects to multiple clips at the same time.
• DaVinci Neural Engine detects faces and auto creates bins.
• Frame rate conversions and motion estimation.
• Cut and Edit page image stabilisation.
• Curve editor ease in and out controls.
• Tape style audio scrubbing with pitch correction.
• Re-encode only changed files for faster rendering.
• Collaborate remotely with Frame.io integration.
• Improved GPU performance for Fusion 3D operations.
• Cross platform GPU accelerated tools.
• Accelerated mask operations including B-Spline and bitmap.
• Improved planar and tracker performance.
• Faster and user and smart cache.
• GPU accelerated scopes with advanced technical monitoring.
• Custom and HSL curves now feature histogram overlay.
• DaVinci Neural Engine auto colour and shot match.
• Synchronise SDI output to viewer zoom.
• Mix and master immersive 3D audio.
• Elastic wave audio alignment and retiming.
• Bus tracks with automation on timeline.
• Foley sampler, frequency analyser, dialog processor, FairlightFX.
• 500 royalty free foley sounds effects.
• Share markers and notes in collaboration workflows.
• Individual user cache for collaborative projects.
• Resolve FX plugins with timeline and keyframes.
The new DaVinci Neural Engine uses state of the art deep neural networks and learning, along with artificial intelligence to power new features such as speed warp motion estimation for re-timing, super scale for up-scaling footage, auto colour and colour matching, facial recognition and more! The DaVinci Neural Engine is entirely cross-platform and uses the latest GPU innovations for AI and deep learning to provide unparalleled performance and quality. The DaVinci Neural Engine provides simple tools to solve complex, repetitive and time consuming problems. For example, it enables facial recognition to automatically sort and organise clips into bins based on people in the shot!
- Sync Bin view which shows synced clip cutaways for the current shot on the timeline in a live multi-view for up to 9 cameras
- Support for automatically grouping shots from one camera by analyzing timecode and camera number metadata
- Live overwrite from the Sync Bin multi-view where the desired camera number can be pressed on the keyboard and the cut away length can be adjusted live with the scroll dial
- Ability to extend the timeline from the Sync Bin view to easily find the next edit for your timeline
- Sync Clip window to perform timecode based, audio waveform based and in or out point based syncing for clips
- Smart Indicators on the timeline which show where the closest edit points are based on the playhead position
- Boring detector with timeline indicators to detect edits which are running too long
- Jump cut detector with timeline indicators for flash frames and jump cuts
- Close Up is now powered by the DaVinci Neural Engine to automatically identify faces in the clip and reframe the shot for a close up on the subject
- Support for a blade action in the toolbar
- Support for a new blended scroll mode in the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard that dynamically toggles between scroll and jog based
- Support for a new transition dialog to quickly find and apply the desired transition to the closest edit point using the scroll dial on the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- Support for a new picture in picture mode to quickly apply a picture in picture edit by easily selecting the image quadrant using the scroll dial in the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- Support for performing a slide edit by Alt/Option + dragging the timeline clip overlay
- Support for adding bins and moving clips between bins in the media pool
- Improved thumbnail clip hover behavior when selecting and previewing source media in the viewer
- Support for always using embedded timecode for clip based formats even when using frame count timecode project setting
- Ability to copy and paste transitions across multiple edit points in the timeline
- Support for track name and track number burn-in and render tags
- Support for dragging adjustment clips to media pool
- Support for renaming adjustment clips in the inspector
- Support for showing or hiding individual panels using keyboard shortcuts
- Support for opening Final Cut Pro 7 XML files from Finder or Explorer to import media or timelines
- Improved performance when analyzing clips for detecting and classifying people
- Improved easing behavior when applying smoothness to position keyframes
- Improved results when syncing multicam clips and syncing video and audio clips using audio waveforms*
- Improved blade behavior when there is a clip selection
- Support for reading media with super scale applied in the Media Pool
- Improved memory management on compositions with multiple input layers
- Improved memory management on multi-GPU systems
- Improved viewer interactivity and playback performance on single GPU systems
- Improved render all savers status display
- Support for ACEScg as a gamut option
- ResolveFX Stop Motion
- ResolveFX and OpenFX plugins can now process and modify the alpha channel
- Support for viewing flags applied on the current clip on the video monitoring output*
- Support for an option to update the shared node grade from a version stored in a gallery still
- Ability to paste a power window by appending to the existing windows from the Power Windows option menu
- Support for a user preference under Color to restrict node navigation to color corrector nodes and avoid mixer nodes and splitter and combiner nodes
- Improved CIE scopes with a 1976 u’v’ view and the ability to show an additional reference gamut
- Improved color match processing powered by the DaVinci Neural Engine
- Ability to step the timeline wipe frame forward and back from the view menu and using the relevant shortcuts
- Support for previewing timeline clip grades from the gallery when live preview is enabled
- Support for 96 KHz and 192 KHz sample rates at a project level for DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Support for clipping indicator for main buses on the Fairlight mixer
- Support for enabling extended bounce tail durations from the option menu for audio clips with reverb and other tail effects
- Support for customizing the tail duration threshold for reverb and other tail effects
- Support for automatically enabling Insert In for an audio track when manually patching track inputs
- Improved performance when loading and switching timelines
- Improved performance when generating waveform profiles for nested timelines
- Improved peak hold and decay behavior for meters in FairlightFX plugins
- Support for displaying and persisting individual audio effect windows on top of other windows
Media and Delivery
- Ability to preserve video essence for faster rendering of uncompressed clips without content changes
- Support for decoding and encoding ProRes IMFs
- Support for decoding and encoding DNxUncompressed half float formats
- Support for decoding IMA4 format audio in QuickTime clips
- Support for a preference to stop renders when a frame or clip cannot be processed
- Support for decoding floating point TIFF images
- Support for decoding DPX 10-bit RGBA files
- Improved performance when decoding H.264 and H.265 clips using GPU acceleration on AMD graphics cards
- Improved encoding to Panasonic SHV 8K with support for 50fps in DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Ability to disable video on Pro Tools and audio only exports
- Ability to render adaptive audio tracks as discrete mono channels
- Ability to export subtitles when exporting a timeline to Pro Tools using the Deliver page preset
- Support for rendering embedded audio timecode for synced audio clips when using the Pro Tools export preset
- Support for GPU accelerated debayering on CUDA systems when decoding ARRIRAW clips using the ARRI SDK Full Res debayer
- Improved Vimeo render settings with options for setting description, visibility and password for the uploaded video
- Support for a warning when exporting an IMF or DCP package with an incorrect audio track setup
- Support for decoding spanned AVCHD MTS clips
- Improved playback speed when decoding JPEG 2000 clips
- Improved performance when media managing long wav files
- Improved behavior when rendering a single multi-channel audio track as individual wav files
- Improved ProRes 4444 playback performance
- Support for identifying and importing multiple Panasonic P2 shots in a single folder as separate clips
- Support for a full-screen viewer on an additional display on DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Ability to halve the current playback speed as well as playback at half, quarter and 1/8th speed using the Play Slow command
- Ability to repeat alternate frames for 48fps clips in Clip Attributes to emulate 24fps capture and playback
- Improved playback quality for variable frame rate QuickTime files
- Support for disabling unbuffered I/O for any Media Storage location on Mac systems
- Support for decoding ALAC files on Windows and Linux systems
- Support for an option to optimize projects in disk databases by Option/Alt right clicking a project in the project manager
- Support for accessing and editing project notes from the File menu
- Support for choosing the preferred network interface from the project server application when sharing databases and generating access keys
- General performance and stability improvements
The new ATEM Mini makes it easy to create professional multi camera productions for live streaming to YouTube or innovative business presentations using Skype. Simply connect ATEM Mini and you can switch live between 4 high quality video camera inputs in dramatically better quality images. You can even connect to a computer to present PowerPoint slides or add a gaming console. The built in DVE allows exciting picture in picture effects, perfect for live commentary! There’s loads of video effects too! To live stream, ATEM Mini has a USB output that works like a webcam, so you can connect to any video software. There’s also HDMI video out for projectors! Microphone inputs allow high quality desktop and lapel mics for interviews and presentations. ATEM Mini even has secret broadcast features built in so it can do high end work! Available in November. Order Today!
Video Assist 12G HDR
The new Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR adds professional monitoring and recording to any SDI or HDMI camera in all HD, Ultra HD, 2K and 4K DCI formats! The whole new design includes innovations such as brighter screens for HDR work, tally indicator, 4 built in scopes, enhanced focus assist features, 3D LUTs and native Blackmagic RAW recording from supported cameras! With 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 on both 5″ and 7″ models, you get support for recording from virtually any device in all formats up to 2160p60. The brighter touch screen ensures a perfect view of your recording for HDR digital film and when shooting outdoors in sunlight. The new design also features upgraded batteries and supports two standard Sony L‑Series batteries. This means Blackmagic Video Assist 12G is incredibly versatile and is the perfect solution for the next generation of digital cinema shoots, live production mastering and, broadcast testing and measurement! Shipping in September. Order Today!
Videohub Smart Control Pro
Videohub Smart Control Pro is different to traditional hardware router control panels that cost thousands of dollars and are limited to being installed in small numbers and then shared by all router users. It is low cost, and features 48 RGB illuminated crystal look buttons that can be set to any router output. It can also be installed under each deck and monitor in a facility, so the router output to that monitor can be set with a single button press. This is a much faster way of working, because all routing only requires a single button press. Order Today!
Videohub Master Control Pro
Videohub Master Control Pro allows for very flexible control because it has two main methods for changing cross points on Videohub routers. The simplest way to use Videohub Master Control Pro is for customers to simply select either destination or source and then scroll through all the cross points in the router using the larger knob on the right side of the panel. The built in LCD shows cross points as the user scrolls using large easy to read labels, and scroll order is based on alphabetical order of crosspoint labels so it’s easy to scroll to the crosspoint the customer requires even on a very large router. Order Today!
Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
Friday, 9 August 2019 – Featuring a larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and EF lens mount, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K lets you use larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field, allowing creative defocussed backgrounds and gorgeous bokeh effects! Extra resolution also gives you more room for reframing in editing and colour correction. This means that you can shoot in 6K and then in post production zoom and re‑frame to allow wide shots and close ups to be created, all from a single camera and without losing image quality! – More Product Information
UltraStudio 4K Mini
Friday, 9 August 2019 – The new UltraStudio 4K Mini model is a portable Thunderbolt 3 capture and playback solution packed with the latest broadcast technology, including 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0 and analogue connections. You get broadcast quality 8. and 10-bit high dynamic range capture in all formats up to 4K DCI at 60p. The front panel features push button controls, an LCD for monitoring signal and setup, an XLR microphone input and a ¼” headphone jack. UltraStudio 4K Mini features USB for connecting a keyboard and mouse, plus it will trickle charge your laptop computer when connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port. There’s even a built in SD card reader allowing instant access to your camera media cards! – More Product Information
Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR
Monday, 3 June 2019 – Blackmagic Design today announced Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR, an advanced 8K DisplayPort monitoring solution with dual on screen scope overlays, HDR, 33 point 3D LUTs and monitor calibration that’s been specifically designed for the professional film and television market and to take advantage of a new generation of monitors such as the Pro Display XDR.
An advanced 8K monitoring solution that lets you use the new Apple Pro Display XDR as a colour critical reference monitor on set and in post production!
Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR will be available in Oct 2019 – More Product Information
ATEM Constellation 8K
Monday, 8 April 2019 – The new ATEM Constellation 8K is an Ultra HD live production switcher with so many features, you can combine them all to make an incredibly powerful 8K switcher! You get 4 M/Es, 40 x 12G‑SDI inputs, 24 x 12G‑SDI aux outputs, 4 DVEs, 16 Keyers, 4 media players, 4 multi viewers, 2 SuperSource and standards conversion on every SDI input! Then when switched to 8K, all these features combine to make a powerful 8K switcher! You even get built in talkback and a professional 156 channel Fairlight audio mixer with EQ and dynamics! That’s an audio mixer so big, you can connect and use a full Fairlight audio console! ATEM Constellation 8K has also been designed as an ideal upgrade for ATEM Television Studio! – More Product Information
HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR
Monday, 8 April 2019 – The new HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR features the trusted reliability of HyperDeck combined with new innovations such as space saving H.265 files, optional internal cache, 3D LUTs, native 8K and HDR support! With the ability to record native 8K in H.265, you get reduced storage costs and amazing image quality. The large touch screen ensures a perfect view of your recording as well as control over all deck settings. You can then add HyperDeck Extreme Control to transform it into a traditional broadcast deck! This means HyperDeck Extreme is the perfect solution for the next generation of broadcast, live production and digital signage! – More Product Information
DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
Monday, 8 April 2019 – The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard is designed for professional editors who need to work faster and turn around work quickly. More than just a simple keyboard, the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard has been designed as an alternative way to edit that’s much faster than a mouse because you can simultaneously use both hands at the same time! You also get an integrated search dial built right into the keyboard. Simply plug the keyboard into any USB‑C computer and you are ready to go! While most keys will work as a standard USB keyboard, the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard has been designed for DaVinci Resolve 16 to enable an editing experience that’s dramatically faster than previously possible – More Product Information
Monday, 8 April 2019 – Blackmagic MultiDock 10G is an advanced SSD dock that lets customers access 4 separate SSDs via a single high speed 10 Gb/s USB-C connection. Unlike cheap consumer adapters, Blackmagic MultiDock 10G has been specifically designed for the film and television industry and features a rack mount design with an independent SATA driver chip on each disk, ensuring much faster data transfer speeds. It can even be used for SSD compatibility on HyperDeck Extreme. – More Product Information
Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 8K
Monday, 8 April 2019 – Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 8K HDR is an advanced 8K monitoring solution for large screen televisions and video projectors. Unlike basic converters, Teranex Mini can use third party calibration probes to accurately align connected displays for precise color. There are 2 on-screen scopes that can be selected between WFM, Parade, Vector and Histogram. Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 8K HDR is perfect for film studios and broadcasters who need professional but affordable color accurate monitoring. Customers also get an elegant design with color LCD for monitoring and control of settings. – More Product Information
- Blackmagic Videohub Smart Control Pro
- Blackmagic Videohub Master Control Pro
- Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR
- Blackmagic ATEM Mini
- Blackmagic SmartView 4K v2
- Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K Mini
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Blackmagic Teranex Mini SDI to DisplayPort 8K HDR
- Blackmagic Fairlight Desktop Audio Editor
- Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard
- Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Grip
- Blackmagic MultiDock 10G
- Blackmagic Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 8K HDR
- Blackmagic ATEM Constellation 8K
- Blackmagic HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR
- Blackmagic DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder
- Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2
- Blackmagic Audio Monitor 12G