Share your story. Grow your audience. Build your community. No matter the scale of your production, whether you are streaming from your home office or from the main stage of a sold-out music festival, Telestream Wirecast lets you share your passions with the world – live.
“Wirecast enabled us to deliver our Infield Party live stream with the high production standards our viewers have come to expect from FOX Sports. Operationally, it allowed our relatively small, four-person crew to handle all aspects of the live production, and streamlined our production costs.”Daniela Mayock, Live/Technical Director, FOX Sports
News & Tutorials:
Introducing Telestream Wirecast 14
Wirecast 14 is here! This is an epic release with a LOT of stability and reliability improvements. Additionally, we have several new features including an all new Chroma Key with added Luma Key and Color Key options.
We’ve also focused on improving the experience of doing remote guest interviews by improving Rendezvous’ stability as well as adding more flexibility for what displays if your guest gets disconnected.
Here’s what to expect in Telestream Wirecast 14:
- All new Chroma Key (with special guests Luma Key and Color Key)
- New options for more accurate keying, including spill suppression, edge coloring, and clipping ranges. Plus a Luma Key (useful if you have a logo with a white or black background you wish to remove), and Color key (useful for images (logos) that have non-black and non-white backgrounds).
- Better, more reliable incoming video source connections
- Improved reliability for Wirecast Go, Rendezvous and webstream sources, plus efficiency improvements with GPU decoding for NDI sources
- Text and font improvements
- Smoother text scrolling and a new font picker to select font variants
- More options when sources get disconnected
- When a source gets disconnected, you can now choose to replace it with transparency or a custom image
- Improved ability to size and scale sources
- We’ve added new options for sizing and scaling sources, making it easier to precisely size your videos and images on the canvas. Plus, incoming sources are now scaled automatically, and will maintain their size based on settings you choose.
- Latency and syncing improvements
- We’ve made improvements to – and we’ve also given you more control over – the way incoming audio and video are synced together, ensuring more accurate lip-sync.
- Updated technologies
- Updated to NDI 4.5, ported OpenGL to Metal on macOS, updated webstream plugin (libVLC), for improved connectivity and efficiency
- Better notifications and stats
- The status bar is now moved to the bottom of the screen, giving more space to show System CPU and App CPU, as well as other streaming stats.
- Plus hundreds of additional bug fixes and improvements!
What’s New in Wirecast 14.1?
- Rendezvous Chat: Behind-the-scenes messaging between hosts and guests in Wirecast’s Rendezvous peer-to-peer remote conferencing solution.
- ISO Recording for Shots (Pro): Independently record any shot in your document, including Rendezvous and audio-only shots, for use in post-production.
- SRT Output: Stream using Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) an open-source video transport protocol for delivering high-quality and secure, low-latency video across the public Internet. (Supports Caller Mode, in x264 or Apple H.264)
- Additional features and updates:
- ProRes encoding on Windows: Great for NLE workflows, now available for Windows, for both ISO recording and record to disk.
- Media playback improvements: Performance and efficiency improvements for playback of PNG animations.
- Mac audio capture plugin: Restored the ability to easily bring audio from any application into Wirecast on a Mac
- Updated Blackmagic SDK: Adds new resolution options and improves capturing at certain resolutions.
- Rendezvous connection improvements: Better reconnection if Rendezvous guests somehow get disconnected.
- LinkedIn Live Schedule Broadcast: Schedule your page or profile’s live video in advance and notify your followers.
What’s New in Wirecast 14.2?
- Secondary Display Live Output: (Pro-only) This Wirecast Pro feature adds a new type of output that sends the live program to a secondary display.
- Placeholders and Shot Templates: These two new and improved features let you save time setting up your Wirecast documents. Use Shot Templates to easily add a pre-configured shot layout to your document. Assign cameras or sources to Placeholders to quickly add a source to any number of shots.
- Native support for Apple Silicon hardware: Wirecast is now optimized to run natively on Apple Silicon.
- Lock Shot Icon: This option lets you take a snapshot of your live shot and save it as the icon thumbnail image.
- PTZ control for Sony X-Series IP cameras: A new Sony X-Series VISCA/UDP protocol profile is now available in the PTZ controller.
- Input Connection selector for Blackmagic devices: This new option lets you select the type of video/audio input connection (HDMI/SDI) used for incoming Blackmagic Designs sources.
- Support for LinkedIn Live Auto-Captions: Now you can easily make your LinkedIn Live broadcasts more accessible by adding auto-generated captions to any LinkedIn Live video.
Wirecast + Zoom
With the current COVID-19 pandemic happening most of us have been asked to do business from home. Wirecast is a great resource to bring some normalcy back to working life. If your requirements include the need for on-screen titles, graphics and multiple cameras, for example, Wirecast works with Zoom for more professional broadcasts and can help you creatively reach your audience to keep business and communications moving forward. We also are providing a 10% discount on Wirecast and Screenflow to people who work in the education, non-profit or government sectors.
Learn how to use Wirecast Screen Capture to bring a Zoom meeting into Wirecast and learn how to use the Wirecast feature, “Virtual Camera Out to bring Wirecast components into your Zoom meeting.
Using Screen Capture to bring a Zoom Meeting into Wirecast
Using Virtual Camera Out in a Zoom Meeting
Titler Live Webinar | How to Use Titler Live 4 in Wirecast®
Wirecast Studio users can access their included license of Titler Live 4 Express to bring main titles, lower thirds and Facebook Live comments into their live streams. Wirecast Pro users can leverage the included Titler Live 4 Present to additionally customise designs in the Titler Designer interface plus connect graphics and crawls to Excel® spreadsheets and CSV files.
In this 99th episode of WirecastLive, Wirecast’s Product Marketing Manager, Andrew Haley and NewBlue’s VP of Products, Travis White discuss all the new features and updates in the latest release of NewBlue Titler Live 4 included with Wirecast.