AJA DRM2 Rackmount Frame
AJA DRM2 is a 3RU rackmount frame to professionally mount, power, and support up to twelve AJA Mini-Converters of any current size/form factor. This rackmount frame will deliver enough power to support any currently available AJA Mini-Converter, with a total power delivery of up to 200 Watts, 100-240V 50/60Hz.
The DRM2 ships with a standard passive faceplate. DRM2-AP ships with an actively cooled faceplate, enabling use with the higher wattage Mini-Converters or in higher ambient temperature environments. For customers who want to upgrade their passive faceplate to the active version, we offer part number DRM2-AFP, the active cooling faceplate, as a stand-alone part sold separately.
The new DRM2 has a redesigned rack-mounting scheme, allowing the faceplate to be removed from the DRM2 without removing the DRM2 from the rack. Converters can easily be swapped in and out of the DRM2 without removing the DRM2 from the rack environment. The DRM2 is the best solution for a clean installation and power for your AJA Mini-Converters.
DRM2 Key Features
- Standout industrial design
- 12x mounting slots for any AJA Mini-Converters
- 12x modular carriers are included with the DRM2
- Mini-Converters may be installed without removing the frame from the rack
- Up to 24x AJA FiDO fiber converters can be installed – 2x per carrier in the DRM2 with the optional DRM2-YC Y-Cable
- Optional active faceplate offers 4x fans for maximum cooling in higher ambient temperature installations
- The included power supply cable has 13x D5/10-PC power connectors. Installed Mini-Converters utilise twelve connectors, and one is reserved for the active faceplate power.
Power and Space for AJA Mini-Converters
The new 3RU Form Factor allows all AJA Mini-Converters to fit cleanly in the rackmount chassis. Modular Mini-Converter carrier mounts are rugged, simple to use, and easy to access from the front or rear of the chassis. 12x carriers are included with the DRM2, and additonal carriers can be purchased individually or in 12-pack bundles.
The Power to Do More
Here are a number of exciting use cases for the DRM2:
- 48x channels of 3G or 12G-SDI to Fiber or Fiber to SDI conversion
- Up to 60x channels of HD or SD sync distribution utilizing 2x GEN10s and 10x 3GDAs or C10DAs
- 12x independent channels of 4K HDMI to 12G-SDI or 12G-SDI to 4K HDMI conversion
- 12x independent scan conversion channels
- 12x independent Up/Down/Cross conversion channels
Industry Leading Support
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five-year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
DRM2 OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
Faceplate Option: DRM2 ships with a standard passive faceplate, and DRM2-AP ships with an active cooling faceplate, enabling use with the higher wattage consuming Mini-Converters or in higher ambient temperature environments. For customers who want to upgrade their passive faceplate to the active version, we offer the active cooling faceplate as a stand-alone upgrade.
FiDO Power Options: Because the DRM2 can deliver 200 watts of power, the smaller form factor of the single and dual channel FiDO’s with their low power consumption, makes it possible to support up to 24x smaller sized FiDO’s in the DRM2. This configuration requires the purchase of the optional DRM2-YC Y-Cable. One Y-Cable is required per FiDO pair, sold separately to achieve this density of mounted converters.
Mini-Converter Carriers: DRM2 ships with 12 carriers, and additional carriers can be ordered separately. The DRM2 carriers are sold separately as single items or twelve packs.