AJA FS-Mini Frame Synchronizer
Introducing the FS-Mini, a new broadcast quality utility frame sync that packs the production-proven functionality and all of the reliability of AJA’s leading FS frame sync technology into a portable Mini-Converter. FS-Mini supports frame synchronisation and up, down, cross-conversion of untimed 3G-SDI, HD and SD video signals.
“From production to broadcast and live events, professionals often need devices with a smaller footprint, so we wanted to build the FS-Mini to address this need, and are incredibly excited to share it with the IBC audience this year,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
FS-Mini allows users to synchronise and convert a wide range of video formats to their house standard with a 3G-SDI input and output, HDMI output, and a two-channel RCA style audio output Mini-Converter. The device also features a reference input that can be used to lock a local reference and can be easily controlled via local DIP switches or USB and AJA’s Mini-Config application.
FS-Mini Feature Highlights Include:
- Utility frame sync function to time input signals to an external reference
- Support for bi-level and tri-level references
- Low latency processing, nominal video delay of one frame
- Freeze (on input signal loss) to black or last good frame
- High quality 10-bit video processing
- Support for 525i, 625i, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p SDI input signals
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Utility frame rate conversion with support for 3:2 pulldown
- Up, down, cross-conversion between 3G-SDI, HD and SD video formats
- AFD input detection, down-convert control
- Simple configuration via a DIP switch or USB and AJA Mini-Config software
- DWP-U-R1 universal input power supply (included)
- Five year international warranty
*NOTE: FS-Mini converts 3G-SDI Level A formats only. It does not input or output 3G-SDI Level B.
Simplified Block Diagram
FS-Mini is designed to meet demands of broadcast engineering and live event production while providing incredible flexibility. It receives an untimed signal, frame syncs it, processes it and automatically routes it to both the SDI output for use in production and the HDMI output for monitoring. The user selects which 2-channels of audio are routed to the RCA-style audio monitor outputs.
USB and Mini-Config Support
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
AJA’s technical support is recognised as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year warranty.