AJA Io IP with Thunderbolt 3
Io IP is a portable Thunderbolt 3 ingest and playback device for professional HD video and audio over IP, bridging 10 GigE to the most popular creative software applications.
Io IP has all the portable benefits of the Io family line with two Thunderbolt 3 ports for flexibility. It works with AJA’s Control Room, Control Panel software and SDK tools, providing support for leading content creation applications, such as Adobe Premiere® Pro, Apple FCP X, Avid Media Composer®, FilmLight products and more. Designed as a flexible platform with support for SMPTE 2022-6 and 2022-7 uncompressed IP video and audio, and SMPTE 2110 to come soon, Io IP offers you the flexibility to keep current as the IP transition proceeds.
Io IP feature highlights include:
- Laptop or desktop HD/SD capture and playback over IP across Thunderbolt 3
- Backwards compatibility with existing Thunderbolt hosts
- SMPTE 2022-6 and 2022-7 I/O
- Dual 10 GigE connectivity via two SFP+ cages, compatible with 10 GigE SFP transceiver modules from leading third party providers
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices
- 3G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 video monitoring
- Audio I/O: 16-channel embedded SDI; 8-Channel embedded HDMI; 4-Channel analogue audio In and 4-Channel audio out via XLR breakout
- Small, rugged design suited for an array of production environments
- Downstream keyer
- Standard 12v 4-pin XLR for AC or battery power
- Compatibility with creative applications including Adobe Premiere® Pro, Apple FCP X, Avid Media Composer®; FilmLight products; AJA Control Room™ and more
- Three year international warranty
Broadcast IP is here. Transition seamlessly with Io IP.
Io IP is the latest member of the venerable Io portable I/O product
line that professionals have come to know and rely on with tremendous Thunderbolt support for connecting to the latest Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C laptops and desktops available today.
Io IP is designed to provide you with the familiar Io experience
you are used to for your current HD/SD workflows and seamlessly move you into the IP stream.
Io IP offers SMPTE 2022-6/7 uncompressed IP video standards with redundant signal reliability and SMPTE 2110 support coming soon.
Io IP has 2 x 10 GigE SFP cages for multi-channel input and or output enabling effective reception, delivery or both. Mix and match based upon your project’s needs knowing you are working with the same high quality uncompressed 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 HD/SD video and up to 16-Channel embedded audio you are accustomed to today.
Universal Compatibility: Thunderbolt™ 3 via USB-C
Io 4K Plus provides two Thunderbolt 3 ports for true Thunderbolt flexibility.
Thunderbolt 3 doubles the speed of the previous Thunderbolt 2 standard with up to 40 Gps of throughput and utilizes the universal USB-C connection standard for true simplicity over a single cable and port for today’s leading Mac and PC workstations and laptops, ideal for Video and Audio I/O as provided by the Io 4K Plus.
Thunderbolt™ 3 features:
- Thunderbolt™, USB, DisplayPort, and power on USB-C
- USB-C connector and cables (small, reversible)
- 40 Gb/s: Thunderbolt™ 3 – double the speed of Thunderbolt™ 2
- Bi-directional, dual-protocol (PCI Express and DisplayPort)
- 4x lanes of PCI Express Gen 3
- DisplayPort 1.2 – supports two 4K displays (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz)
- Lowest latency for PCI Express audio
- USB 3.1 (10 Gb/s) – compatible with existing USB devices and cables
- DisplayPort 1.2 – compatible with existing DisplayPort displays, devices, and cables
- Daisy chain up to six devices
IP makes distance a non-issue, now you can edit, playback and deliver from anywhere in the world that offers the bandwidth you need to tie into 10 GigE IP infrastructure. Ingesting, editing or playing out remotely is the new normal.
Monitor locally with Io IP’s HDMI 2.0 output with support for frame rates up to 60p and up to 8-Channels of embedded audio on cost effective HDMI displays wherever you are. Simultaneous 3G-SDI monitoring with up 16-Channels of embedded audio, is also available.
In addition Io IP supports 4-Channels of Analogue Audio Monitoring.
Your transition to IP pipelines with Io IP is supported by leading NLE, Compositing and Streaming applications via our industry-best plug-ins, plus the AJA software tools you rely on including AJA Control Room and AJA Control Panel.
Io IP also includes a Downstream Keyer with support for graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or frame-buffer, or frame-buffer content over incoming video or matte, perfect for the needs of live IP delivery.
HDR or High Dynamic Range, provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colours, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colours to be communicated to your audience.
Starting with Desktop v14.1 Io IP provides this support for your HD HDR pipelines to HDMI compatible displays supporting HLG and HDR 10 with HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3 and HD
Standards Matter, Move Forward Together
Io IP supports SMPTE 2022-6/7 upon release and Io IP’s extensible architecture ensures that as time moves on, you will be able to adapt and move safely ahead as Io IP offers firmware update capabilities common to all Io devices.
In a future firmware release Io IP will support SMPTE 2110 which provides the move to multiple essence streams, essential for smooth inter-operability across vendor products and workflows. Broadcasters will be able to synchronise production of audio, video and ancillary data elements, eliminating the need for embedding/de-embedding to/from SDI while also reducing latency.
Recommended SFP+ modules:
- Finisar FTLX1471D3BCL (for single mode 1310nm)
- Arista Networks SFP-10G-SR Compatible 10GBASE-SR
- Generic 850nm 300m DOM Transceiver (for multi-mode 850nm)