Introducing the AJA IPT-10G2-SDI – Bridging 3G-SDI to SMPTE ST 2110 Video and Audio and providing redundancy with 2x 10 GbE SFP+ cages, allowing “hitless switching”
IPT-10G2-SDI is designed to integrate traditional 3G-SDI video sources into SMPTE ST 2110 IP Video infrastructure.
The IPT-10G2-SDI receives baseband video plus up to 16 embedded audio channels over 3G-SDI, then formats the data for output as SMPTE ST 2110 over 10 GigE. Associated audio from the video stream is extracted, synchronized, and embedded into the SMPTE ST 2110 stream and also output on two channels of analog audio RCA.
2x 10 GigE SFP+ cages are provided, allowing “hitless switching” (ST 2022-7) redundancy protection for critical transmission environments.
IPT-10G2-SDI transmits a SMPTE ST 2110 essence from an incoming 3G-SDI input source. Providing two SFP+ cases for protection with “hitless switching” (ST 2022-7), it’s rugged, fanless, Mini-Converter design is ideal for placement in a wide range of scenarios, from on-set to in the studio.
- SMPTE ST 2110 audio, video transmitter
- Rugged, quiet, fan-less design
- 1x 3G-SDI input up to 1080 60p, 4:2:2, 10-bit, YCbCr
- 2x 10 GigE SFP+ cages for media LAN (providing support for ST 2022-7 hitless switching) with status light
- 1x 1 GigE RJ-45 socket for control LAN with status light
- Full 10-bit pixel processing pipeline
- 2x RCA analogue audio output
- 1x mini-USB port for initial network configuration with AJA eMini-Setup software
- Complete control interface on any web browser from a built-in web server
- Customise-able control with AJA REST API
- Five year international warranty and support
Bridge 3G-SDI Sources to Anywhere on a SMPTE ST 2110 Network
With new IP based facilities often requiring integration with traditional baseband sources, and with existing 3G/1.5G-SDI routers often at capacity while facilities undertake their transition to IP, IPT-10G2-SDI provides a solution for converting baseband camera, router or edit bay sources, and then formatting and transmitting via IP to provide that content to a range of destinations.
IPT-10G2-SDI provides two key methods for control. The Control LAN Ethernet port enables control of the Mini-Converter from web browsers on any platform and REST clients. The mini-USB connector facilitates quick and simple initial network configuration and firmware updates.
- 1x RJ-45 (IEC 60603-7) for 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (IEEE 802.3-2012)
- HTTP/1.1 (RFCs 7230, 7231, 7232, 7233, 7234, 7235)
- 1x USB 2.0 Mini-B (IEC 62680-1) connector
- AJA eMini-Setup of network parameters
- Web and REST clients supported
- NMOS transmit (Discovery, Registration and Control)
- According to standards IS-04 v1.2 & IS-05 v1.0.
- AJA REST API (Control Only)
- Discovery is supported via SSDP, allowing AJA REST API to then be used for Control
- Discovery is also supported via MDNS, allowing AJA REST API to then be used for Control
- Ember+ (no Discovery, Control only) v1.6.2