OG-12GM 12G-SDI to/from SDI Muxer/DeMuxer
OG-12GM is a compact SDI transport openGear card that enables 12G-SDI to quad-link 3G-SDI and quad-link 3G-SDI to 12G-SDI conversion.
The muxer/demuxer supports 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD workflows and conversions from quad-link SDI signals to single link SDI signals, and vice versa at 12G, 6G, 3G and 1.5G bit rates. Both Square Division (Quadrant) and Two Sample Interleave (2SI) input and output mappings are supported. AJA openGear products are designed for use in high density openGear 2RU frames including AJA’s OG-X-FR frame, with industry standard DashBoard software support on Windows®, macOS® and Linux®, offering remote control and monitoring over a PC or local network.
OG-12GM Key Features
- openGear compatible card
- Single 12G-SDI to/from Quad 3G-SDI Level A
- Single 12G-SDI to/from Quad 3G-SDI Level B-DL
- Single 6G-SDI to/from Quad 1.5G-SDI
- Quad 3G-SDI Level A to/from Quad 3G-SDI Level B-DL
- Two Sample Interleave (2SI) to/from Square Division (Quadrant) pixel mapping, 3G
- Pass through of Single Link 3G, 1.5G and 270M SDI video
- Distribution Amplifier support (1×4)
- Input signal diagnostics and timing analyzer for quad-link signals
- Automatic or manual control
- Detailed timing analysis for validating alignment of quad-link SDI inputs
- Passes SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, up to 16-Channels
- Recognizes and transmits High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) signaling on VPID
- Power: 12 watts
- Remote Ethernet configuration through Ross DashBoard software
- Rear I/O card included
- Two slots required for each card
- Compatible with OG-X-FR, OG-3-FR, and DFR-8321 openGear frames
- Five year warrantyConnectivity
OG-12GM Workflow Diagrams
This workflow diagram shows a 4K camera system outputting video via a 4x 3G-SDI quad-link connection. This output is connected to the 4x 3G-SDI inputs of the OG-12GM, which converts it in turn into single-link 12G-SDI, shown here with a Ki Pro Ultra 12G recording the video at the end of the signal chain.
This workflow diagram shows a 4K camera system outputting video via 1x 12G-SDI connection. This output is connected to the 12G-SDI input of the OG-12GM, which then converts it into quad-link 3G-SDI, here shown with an AJA KUMO 3232 3G-SDI router providing further distribution.
This integration workflow diagram shows a 4K camera system outputting video via a 4x 3G-SDI quad-link connection. The OG-12GM provides a conversion from quad-link 3G-SDI into single link 12G-SDI, allowing the 4K 3G-SDI camera source to fit seamlessly into a 4K 12G-SDI eco system. Multiple OG-12GM cards can be housed in the appropriate openGear rackframe, making multi-cam conversions easy.
Download DashBoard Software
Dashboard software offers quick and convenient configuration and control of openGear cards on macOS, Windows and Linux. For the latest DashBoard software downloads for your platform of choice, please visit: http://www.opengear.tv/dashboard-software/#support_box
The openGear standard ensures that AJA cards will be compatible with other openGear products from certified openGear partners. With a growing list of products, openGear is the future of rack-frame products.
The modular rear panel allows custom I/O connections per card (included with individual cards).
The optional redundant power supply provides a secondary power source in the event of a primary power failure.
A standard Ethernet connection allows the frame to be accessed via the Dashboard application for overall frame communication. Optional per-card Ethernet access can be installed in the frame for advanced communication with compatible openGear cards.
AJA Quality Guaranteed
All AJA products are covered by a five year warranty and AJA’s advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, insuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.