Teradek Cube 855 SDI + HDMI 4K HEVC/AVC Encoder (with Wifi)
Announced at NAB! More Information is coming soon!
Go Live in 265
Greater encoding performance, better bandwidth utilisation, and incredibly power efficient: our new line of HD H.265 codecs will bring your digital video workflow into the future.
What is HEVC?
HEVC, also known as H.265, is a next-generation compression standard that offers a number of enhancements over H.264. Compared to AVC (H.264) compression, HEVC is two times more efficient, which translates into maintaining the same video quality at half the bit-rate or double the video quality at the same bit-rate.
In summary, H.265 will save you on bandwidth overhead and cost, especially if you’re transmitting over cellular networks.
There is no time to wait for integrating HEVC encoding into content owners video workflow. With [Apple’s] iOS 11 and High Sierra public betas rolling out to developers in June, and to users this fall, [those] who have not yet commissioned an HEVC encoding workflow don’t have a good reason to still be waiting. – Why Apple’s HEVC Announcement Is A Big Step Forward For The Streaming Media Industry
What can Teradek Encoders do?
- Stream to any online video platform, such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Periscope, and more.
- Stream point-to-point to decoders over the Internet or on local networks with latency as low as 80ms.
- Comprehensive protocol support: MPEG-TS, RTSP, RTMP, HLS, TDS.
- Monitor your live video feed on an iOS device for confidence or local configuration.
- Turn your camera into a wireless video feed for Teradek’s Live:Air iOS switcher application.
Welcome to the HEVC Cube
The new Cube 800 series bring the latest in compression technology at a size and price point never before seen. Designed from the ground up, the Cube 800 series offers a 20 second boot-to-live time, the latest HEVC compression, and a seamless upgrade path for professional bonded cellular streaming.
Core IP Video Platform
Core is an optional subscription service that enhances the Cube’s capabilities with real-time transcoding, remote configuration and monitoring, multi-platform delivery, and archiving in the cloud. [MORE ON CORE]
- Remotely monitor and configure all of your Teradek codecs from anywhere in the world.
- Stream to unlimited destinations at the same time, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Periscope, as well as Teradek and third party decoders.
- Transcode your live stream from HEVC to AVC in real-time. Transcoding allows you to take advantage of HEVC’s bandwidth benefits while delivering your content in the widely supported H.264 format.
- Route your Teradek video feeds to decoders around the world with a simple drag and drop function.
Professional Bonding with Cube
Stream over multiple network connections in HEVC with the Bond expansion module