EDIUS 11 Pro
EDIUS is the ideal editing software for video professionals and ambitious video enthusiasts alike. Its users include filmmakers, video journalists, YouTubers, universities, broadcasters, film studios, production companies and government agencies. EDIUS places no limits on your creativity and productivity, as it allows for intuitive, fast-paced workflows, reducing rendering and waiting times, while also delivering superior system stability.
EDIUS supports the latest recording formats, cameras and codecs natively, simultaneously processing multiple layers of 4K material in real-time, including colour correction and other filters.
EDIUS offers Background Rendering, reducing interruptions and delays. EDIUS has one of the most user friendly High Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows, including import, edit and export like no other NLE solution. You will also get broad I/O card support from 3rd party manufacturers such as AJA and Blackmagic Design. Furthermore, EDIUS includes an enhanced Mync asset management program to organise and share footage and other media files.
With EDIUS there are no subscription fees – you buy it, you keep it – with a permanent license with free updates throughout the life of an EDIUS version.
EDIUS 11 comes with a set of AI tools allowing the editor to concentrate on the creative process. EDIUS 11 is also ready for the Integration of third-party AI services – online as well as offline. Mync® 11 is included as a powerful content management system for any type of digital media, with tight integration into EDIUS 11. To provide for group collaboration of EDIUS projects connecting multiple EDIUS 11 clients, Grass Valley is introducing the Chorus Hub 11 Server system (Sold Separately).
“This latest version of EDIUS revolutionizes next-generation creatives with its advanced Chorus Hub architecture” said Katsushi Takeuchi, Vice President and General Manager Editing Systems for Grass Valley. “In addition to advanced video production with numerous new functions, the user experience has been improved to enable more user-friendly and comfortable operation. With the addition of the Chorus Hub 11 Server and strong integration with Mync 11, EDIUS is firmly positioned for craft editors today and for years to come.”
Improvements to functionality include an update to the core engine, supporting the latest PC environments and leveraging the most powerful GPU’s. A new intelligent colour correction filter automatically optimizes video footage. Ready-to-use glitch effects are also included. New ‘Adjustment Clips’ are the most user-friendly way to apply effects to multiple clips simultaneously.
AI-based voice recognition allows the editor to eliminate even extreme noise better than ever before. To further optimize audio, EDIUS 11 includes a new dedicated Audio Editor, which also supports an AI-based speech-to-text workflow. A newly integrated, fast, and powerful Titler allows the user to burn text as subtitles into video.
Mync 11 provides users with advanced content management features to quickly prepare the footage for editing. A new EDIUS 11 Mync tab puts these tools and assets at the editor’s fingertips directly within the EDIUS interface.
The newly developed Chorus Hub 11 Server technology enables team collaboration and makes editing more efficient. The Chorus Hub 11 Server sits at the center of group editing environments, connecting multiple EDIUS 11 clients, the XRE Render Engine, Mync 11 and storage. By integrating the Hub’s Software Development Kit (SDK), AI analysis services such as automatic video and photo tagging, Quality Control (QC), as well as other tasks can be enabled. Chorus Hub is sold separately and quoted case-by-case to suit your specific environment.
“This new release combines the stability, benchmark-setting performance, and extensive format support of EDIUS with a wide range of new features, powerful AI tools, and an open structure ready for today and future demands,” said Michael Lehmann-Horn, CEO of magic multi media, EDIUS distributor and operator of EDIUS.NET.
Key New Features of EDIUS 11
Follow the links below for video introductions to these exciting, new features!
- Glitch effects: Spice up your projects with the new ready-to-use glitch effects. Simply add them to videos, animations, logos, graphics, and titles.
- Animated icons: To help you quickly find the optimal effect, EDIUS 11 now shows all transitions with an animated icon.
- Auto colour correction: A new intelligent filter – based on human perception – automatically optimizes your video footage, even with challenging material.
- AI noise elimination: Utilizing AI based voice recognition, EDIUS 11 now allows you to eliminate even extreme noise better than ever before.
- New Audio Editor: To further optimize audio, EDIUS 11 includes a professional Multitrack Audio Editor for analysing, restoring, and mastering audio.
- Speech to Text: The new Audio Editor also includes a Captions Editor which allows an AI based speech to text workflow. In EDIUS 11 you can use the created captions as markers or subtitles.
- New Titler: The new integrated, fast, and powerful Titler allows you, amongst others, to burn subtitles into your video. You can easily change the style of the subtitle by choosing from different designs.
- Quick project start: Easily start up an EDIUS 11 project that automatically matches the clip settings.
- Social media project and export presets: Use presets in horizontal, vertical, and square formats for various social media platforms.
- Adjustment clip: Save time by using adjustment clips when applying effects to multiple clips.
- OFX Plug-in native support: Enjoy a new world of possibilities with the native OFX plug-in support. Integrate even more effects and filters and work more efficiently.
- Mync 11 Tab in EDIUS: EDIUS includes Mync, a comfortable and powerful tool to help you manage your media files and quickly prepare your footage for editing. Set In and Out points, add markers, tags and comments and point out clips by changing their colour and rating. The new EDIUS 11 Mync Tab puts all these tools and assets at your fingertips directly in EDIUS.
- Chorus Hub collaboration: The optional Chorus Hub server enables EDIUS 11 editors to collaborate with others. More information…
- AI services: Thanks to its open structure, you can integrate 3rd party AI services into EDIUS 11. Functions like quality control, scene description and face detection allow you to tailor your EDIUS workflow.
- GPU hardware support: EDIUS 11 offers extended GPU decoding and support for the latest PC hardware.
- 3rd party hardware support update: EDIUS 11 comes with support for the latest I/O hardware from AJA and Blackmagic.
- Latest Format support: No other editor natively supports such a vast variety of formats and codecs as EDIUS 11. With EDIUS 11 you will always be able to use the latest cameras, drones, smartphones and more.
- Sony XAVC H support: The latest codec from the new Sony camera “Burano” is already supported in EDIUS 11.
- HEIF Image support: EDIUS 11 also supports “High Efficiency Image File” HEIF Format used by a growing number of smartphones.
- Mync 11 media management software is included in EDIUS 11. New features are:
- Extended clip management features: Mync 11 offers an enhanced clip management to quickly prepare your footage for editing.
- EDIUS Project and Sequence management: Manage not only your media files, but also your EDIUS projects and sequences in Mync 11.
- Transcode (Preset base): You can now convert media files into new file formats. Mync comes with a selection of presets for the most popular media file formats.
- Job Monitor: Use the job monitor to watch the background jobs not only of EDIUS but also Mync, for example when transcoding or exporting media.
- In the future, Mync 11 will also support storyboard editing, search for duplicate files and offline clips, verify copy, hide clips and more…
- EDIUS 11 is bundled with the following great new modules for optimizing audio, title creation and video effects. The regular retail price for these modules alone is more than US$700. With EDIUS 11, you get all these great solutions for free as part of the EDIUS 11 package:
- Audio Filter Plug-in Pack: Acon Digital EE for EDIUS 11
- Audio and Captions Editor: Acon Digital Acoustica EDIUS Edition 7.5
- Titler Plug-in Pack: VisTitle Express for EDIUS 11 – For activation, VisTitle needs a serial number which EDIUS 11 users can claim for free at this website: www.edius.net/free_vistitle
- Video Transition and Filter Plug-in Pack: ProDAD Vitascene V5 EDIUS Edition
During the product-cycle of EDIUS 11.xx new features and updates will continuously be made available to users free of charge.
Understanding EDIUS 11 Pro Versions
- EDIUS 11 Pro Full version – This is the version for you if this is the first time you purchase EDIUS Pro.
- EDIUS 11 Pro Upgrade from EDIUS X Pro or EDIUS X Workgroup – This is the version for you if you already have EDIUS X. When activating the program you will have to type in your EDIUS X serial number as well.
- EDIUS 11 Pro Jump Upgrade – This is the version for you if you already have EDIUS version 2-9, EDIUS Neo 1-3.5, EDIUS EDU (educational version) or EDIUS Pro Home Edition. When activating the program you will have to type in your previous EDIUS serial number as well.
- EDIUS 11 Pro EDU (educational version) – This version is available for students, teachers, universities and schools. Please note that the EDU version may not be used commercially and it can only be upgraded by using a Jump upgrade (i.e. not the standard upgrade). When purchasing an EDU version you have to prove that you are a student, teacher, university or school to be able to receive the license key. Your authorised reseller is happy to give you any information you need on this offer.
Supported I/O Hardware
STORM 3G / Pro (Preview only)
AJA Video Systems