Magewell Pro Convert Audio DX
Magewell Pro Convert Audio DX offers a seamless bridge between analogue audio, software and IP standards including Dante ®, NDI ®, SRT and more. By providing a flexible, virtual audio matrix to allow routing or mixing of any analogue or IP-based input channel to any output, Audio DX enables advanced, mixed-technology, local and remote production workflows and ProAV installations.
Dante has become the de-facto standard for transporting audio over IP networks, with over 3000 Dante-compatible products available from hundreds of manufacturers. Pro Convert Audio DX can send and receive up to eight channels of audio in unicast or multicast Dante ‘flows’ (audio streams). In addition to Dante, the device also supports uncompressed audio using the popular NDI® media-over-IP technology, or compressed AAC audio using the low-latency SRT protocol.
By enabling conversion between Dante, NDI®, and SRT, Pro Convert Audio DX enables mixed-technology local and remote production workflows that combine best-of-breed products supporting different standards and formats. It can also encode analog audio into Dante, NDI® or SRT streams as an ‘on-ramp’ to IP networks, as well as decoding IP audio streams in any of these formats and protocols for analog output.
Offering the high reliability, low maintenance requirements, assured performance, and compact size of a dedicated hardware solution, Pro Convert Audio DX can also serve as an audio capture device when connected via USB to a laptop or desktop computer. UAC (USB Audio Class) compatibility provides plug-and-play ease of use and immediate compatibility with popular video conferencing, streaming, and production software.
“Magewell is recognized as a leader in the networked media space, so adding Dante is natural evolution of their product portfolio,” said Joshua Rush, CMO for Audinate. “We’re thrilled to welcome Magewell to the Dante ecosystem and look forward to further innovations from them. By letting users easily convert between multiple audio-over-IP technologies and seamlessly bridge traditional and IP audio infrastructures, Pro Convert Audio DX frees them from needing to worry about which audio types their chosen tools support,” said Will Chen, Product Manager at Magewell. “Dante is one of the most important networked audio technologies in professional AV, production, and broadcast markets, and we’re excited to support it in this versatile device.”
The flexible virtual audio matrix in Pro Convert Audio DX’s browser-based interface allows users to route or mix any analogue or IP-based input channel to any analogue, IP, or UAC output. Multiple Pro Convert Audio DX units can be centrally configured and controlled through the Magewell Cloud multi-device management software.
Audio DX Key Specifications & Features
- 1 x 2-channel 3.5mm unbalanced in
- 1 x 2-channel 4.4mm balanced in
- 1 x 4-channel 24-bit/48k UAC in
- Receiving 8-channel 24-bit Dante® streams in unicast or multicast
- Receiving 1 x 4-channel 16-bit SRT/NDI® audio stream simultaneously
- 1 x 2-channel 3.5mm unbalanced out
- 1 x 2-channel 4.4mm balanced out
- 1 x 4-channel 24-bit/48k UAC out
- Encoding 8-channel 24-bit Dante® streams in unicast or multicast
- Encoding 1 x 4-channel 16-bit audio for RTSP/SRT/NDI® audio stream simultaneously
Audio routing and mixing Features
- Any analog or IP-based input channel can be routed and mixed into any analog, IP or UAC output via a web-based user interface
- Support for Dante Controller, providing signal routing and configuration
- Plug-and-play as a UAC device
- Provide comprehensive information regarding the device and signals in real-time
- Remote control via Web GUI and Magewell Cloud
- Provide HTTP APIs