Metabones ALPA to Leica M
Perfect Fit For ALPA Lens:
- Alpa Kern Macro Switar 50mm/F1.8
- Alpa Kern Macro Switar 50mm/F1.9
- Leica M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, MP, M8, M9 and other M mount cameras
- Weight lighter than all other ALPA adaptors yet more solid.
- Directly adapt your ALPA 50mm Lens to Leica M Mount. No additional LTM adaptor necessary, leading to better stability and accuracy.
- Fit all ALPA 50mm Lenses: we test multiple samples of Kern Macro Switar 50mm to ensure fit and accuracy on a Leica M mount camera.
- Rangefinder coupled – the focus of the lens matches the rangefinder of your Leica M camera. If your Lens cannot match your Leica M camera, we modify your lens and adapter to match the focus free of charge, except for a shipping.
- With the 6-bit coding, older ALPA 50mm Lenses receive new markings on the bayonet ring. These markings help digital Leica M-Cameras recognise the lens type and optimise the image quality.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adaptors recognised among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminium ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adaptors, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adaptor features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adaptor-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adaptors follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart Adaptor TM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens’ aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adaptor are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish – just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection – lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adaptor and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart Adaptor TM series adaptors have the following additional features:
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm – let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.