mLogic mRack LTO-8 Thunderbolt 3
mRack LTO-8 revolutionises LTO, empowering users to easily connect LTO-8 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
- 1U rack mountable enclosure with single or dual LTO-8 tape drives
- Ideal for desktop use or for mounting in standard 19” racks or DIT carts
- Up to 12 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge (requires LTO-8 media)
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf-life – Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO-8 & LTO-7 tapes (does not read LTO-6 tapes)
- Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Dual drive version enables writing to two LTO-8 drives simultaneously
- macOS and Windows compatible
- Ships complete with Fujifilm LT0-7 cartridge(s), Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
mRack Thunderbolt revolutionises LTO, enabling users to easily connect LTO-8 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mRack is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop
mRack ships with a simple drag and drop Linear Tape File System (LTFS) archiving and retrieve utility for macOS. To ensure that what you archive to mRack is an exact replica of your source material, the software utilises xxHASH64 verification. Detailed Transfer Logs are also generated with every archive. If you require an archive/retrieve app for macOS that features an integrated database to track assets offloaded to LTO, we recommend purchasing mTape bundled with YoyottaID LTFS software. Check out their video here.
Video Tutorial – How to archive with the mLogic LTFS Utility
Learn more about the Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favourite software
mRack is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Axle Video – Axle
- Archiware – P5
- Imagine Products – PreRoll Post
- Pomfort – Silverstack XT
- Square Box – CatDV
- StorageDNA – DNAevolution
- XenData – XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta – YoYottaID LTFS
Interface: 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports
Tape Drive(s): Single or Dual IBM LTO-8, LTFS Compatible
System Requirements: Mac or Windows PC with Thunderbolt port
Size: 19 x 16.5 x 1.75″/ 48.3 x 41.9 x 4.45 cm
Weight: mRack LTO – 16 lb / 7.25 kg | mRack LTO Dual – 19 lb / 8.6 kg
What’s in the Box?
mRack with single or dual LTO-8 drive(s)
LTO-7 tape cartridge(s)
Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
1 meter Thunderbolt 3 cable