The all-new PodMic is a broadcast-grade dynamic microphone designed for podcast applications. With a built-in pop filter and a rich, even sound it will give your voice a silky, professional quality. It can be used with any XLR interface, but is optimised for use with the new RØDECaster Pro™.
Key Features Include:
- Richly-detailed RØDE dynamic capsule
- Internal pop shield and double-mesh housing for excellent plosive and sibilance control.
- Solid brass construction finished in a hard-wearing matt black.
- Integrated swing-mount for easy positioning. Works perfectly with boom microphone stands such as the RØDE’s PSA1.
- The PodMic is especially tuned for use with the RØDECaster Pro but will deliver impeccable results with any XLR-USB interface. It’s perfect for anyone in podcasting or broadcasting looking for an unbeatably-priced, professional-quality microphone.
- The PodMic is a triumph of The RØDE Difference™, the result of RØDE’s in-house design, Australian-made precision and deep market understanding that delivers a microphone of exceptional quality at an unbeatable price.
Built for Podcasting
When we designed the PodMic, we set out to create the ultimate Podcasting microphone. Durable, great-sounding, easy to use and flexible. Whether your podcast features screaming sports commentary or intimate poetry readings, the PodMic will deliver a balanced, easy-to-listen-to vocal tone that your listeners will love.
With an all-metal construction, the PodMic is built to last. The robust swing-arm mounting matches perfectly to the RØDE PSA1 boom arm for ultimate flexibility and convenience.
End the Pops
The end-fire dynamic capsule is protected by a stainless steel mesh grille and a integrated pop shield, allowing you to get up close to the microphone for that intimate ‘radio’ sound.
Matched with RØDECaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Console
The PodMic will give great results with any XLR interface, but has been optimised for use with the new RØDECaster Pro integrated podcast production console. Simply select ‘PodMic’ as your microphone type using the touch screen on the RØDECaster Pro and the console will automatically apply the right settings to deliver the best possible results from your PodMic – whatever your voice type.
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION
Acoustic Principle: Dynamic
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Range: 50Hz ~ 13kHz
Output Connection: XLR Output
Output Impedance: 320Ω
Sensitivity: -57.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (1.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Phantom Power: Not required
Dimensions: (L x W x H, mm) 172 x 109 x 62
Compatible RØDE Accessories: PSA1