Science Image NDI Studio 4K SH
The NDI Studio 4K SH supports up to 4K60 encoding or decoding of high quality, low latency NDI. With 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0 AND Optical SFP input and output, it is incredibly flexible for dynamic broadcast and professional AV environments. This is further augmented with an Up/Down/Cross converter, allowing for both the NDI and physical outputs to be scaled to the production standard. The NDI Studio 4K SH also supports PoE+, Tally, Analogue Audio I/O and USB to Serial adaptors for PTZ and device control.
The Science Image NDI Studio products are built on a powerful FPGA and run an embedded Linux operating system that serves to deliver both reliability and flexibility. The onboard OLED display gives ‘at-a-glance’ clarity of the current configuration and IP address and the lightweight, yet rugged metal body can be easily mounted via a 1/4″ thread. The internals are cooled by a quiet fan, making it less dependent on ambient air flow to keep cool, compared with appliances that dissipate heat through the body only. The latest firmware has also added support for NDI 5, improved encoder performance, as well as improving the web interface and network efficiency.
NDI Studio 4K SH Key Features
- Bi-Directional FULL NDI Encoding & Decoding (Switchable) up to 2160p60
- Can be configured as an Encoder OR Decoder
- Up/Down/Cross Converter on Input/Encoder
- Resolution and Frame Rate with Simultaneous HDMI-SDI-Optical conversion
- 12G-SDI / HDMI 2.0 Input and Output
- SFP+ Input and Output
- NB: SFP port is for VIDEO TRANSPORT (12G-SDI / HDMI 2.0) NOT NETWORK CONNECTIVITY
- SFP not included, but 12G-SDI Single Mode Transceiver (up to 20km transmission) can be supplied separately.
- Recommended SFP is Simplex (Single Strand) LC Transceiver (Bi-Directional) supporting up to 12G-SDI video formats in Rx or Tx.
- Can be configured to Transmit OR Receive on SFP port.
- Transmitter will convert from SDI or HDMI input. Receiver will convert optical source to both SDI and HDMI Outputs
- Transmitter and Receiver will simultaneously encode to NDI from source.
- Up/Down/Cross Converter can be enabled on the transmitter and/or the receiver and will affect all outputs – including NDI encoder – when enabled.
- eg: Transmitter could be encoding 2160p50 to NDI for 4K production and sending up to 20km over optical fibre to a Receiver, which could be converting to 1080p50 and outputting both SDI and NDI for HD broadcast and monitoring.
- Supports PoE+
- Analogue Audio Input and Output on 3.5mm jacks
- Tally Light
- Onboard OLED Display