Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Reader for ExpressCard/34, Including SxS Cards
Sonnet’s Echo ExpressCard Pro is the fastest, least-expensive SxS™ memory card reader available. It’s also expands your computer’s connectivity by enabling the use of ExpressCard/34 adaptor cards. Either way you look at it, this handy Thunderbolt adaptor adds functionality to your computer it is otherwise missing.
- Fast SxS Memory Card Reader – Ingests footage from SxS memory cards at up to 440 MB/s
- Mac/PC Compatibility Sony SxS, SxS-1, SxS Pro, SxS Pro+, SxS Pro+ D Series, SxS Pro+ E Series
- Fast Interface – 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology, 5.0 Gbps ExpressCard 2.0
- Supports Common ExpressCard/34 Adaptors – Supports a wide range of interfaces from Gigabit Ethernet and eSATA controllers to FireWire and USB 3.0(4)
- Supports Specialty ExpressCard/34 Adaptors – Supports ExpressCard adaptors for specialty devices such as AJA® io Express and Prism Sound ADA-8XR and Orpheus
- 5-Year Warranty Included – Extended warranty included at no extra charge.
The Thunderbolt Connection
Connect the Echo ExpressCard Pro directly to your computer’s Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port(1), or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with a Thunderbolt cable (sold separately). The Sonnet adaptor requires no software and is bus-powered—it operates off its Thunderbolt connection and there’s no need to plug in a power supply. If you’ve got a Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can use the Echo adaptor by connecting an Apple® Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adaptor between the computer and Thunderbolt cable connected to the Sonnet adaptor.
Ingests Any SxS Card, Fast (XQD™ and SD™, Too)
With the installation of Sony® drivers on your computer, the Echo ExpressCard Pro becomes an SxS card reader, supporting all generations of SxS media, including the latest SxS Pro+ E Series cards. Supporting the cards’ maximum transfer speeds, this Pro card reader ingests files at up to 440 MB/s! Using the Sony ExpressCard Adaptor for XQD Memory Card (QDA-EX1) adaptor or the Sonnet SDHC Adaptor for SxS Camera Slot (SD-SXS-E34) adaptor, you can even use XQD and SD cards(2), respectively, with this reader.
Adaptor for ExpressCard/34 Cards
Echo ExpressCard Pro allows you to choose and add more connections to your setup using current and legacy ExpressCard/34 adaptor cards. Insert the compatible ExpressCard/34 card into the Echo Pro adaptor, install software for the card if necessary, and start working. Using ExpressCard/34 cards(4), you can add FireWire, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and eSATA ports and more! The Pro also supports specialty adaptors like RME’s HDSPe ExpressCard, plus interface cards for the AJA® io Express and the Matrox® MX02 family.
5-Year Warranty Included
Why pay more than the purchase price to extend the warranty period? Sonnet backs the Echo ExpressCard Pro adaptor with its Pro 5-year warranty.