SF3 Series SxS Pro Card Reader with Thunderbolt 3
SF3 Series SxS Pro Card Reader is a professional dual-slot SxS card reader for computers with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Supports ingest from any SxS card at maximum speed, and simultaneous ingest of two cards at maximum speeds.
For years, pro digital video camera pioneers Sony and ARRI have used SxS professional memory cards for capturing footage on select cameras, relying on the cards for their durability and speed. With the move to shooting in 4K and higher frame rates, cards fill up faster than ever, and the need for a truly high-speed card reader with the fastest interface available is undeniable.
Sonnet’s SF3 Series – SxS Pro Card Reader fills the bill. Featuring a 40Gbps Thunderbolt™ 3 interface, this device quickly ingests footage from SxS memory cards to any Mac® or Windows®(1) computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports—on location, in the studio, or in the edit suite—at the fastest speeds the cards will support.
- Superior Performance – Ingests files from two SxS cards at maximum speed
- Dual SxS Slots – Enable simultaneous ingest of files from two cards for greater efficiency
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface – Features dual Thunderbolt 3 ports; second port supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices
- Broad Card Support – Supports all SxS media, including SxS PRO+ E Series cards; XQD™ and SDHD™ cards supported when used with adaptors
- Compact, Rugged, Stackable – Aluminium enclosure for rugged and reliable operation. Stackable design enables multiple SF3 Series card readers to occupy same footprint.
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included – Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Backward Compatible with Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt Macs – When used with an Apple® Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adaptor
- macOS and Windows Compatible
The SF3 Series – SxS Pro Card Reader is the industry’s first SxS card reader for Thunderbolt 3. This dual-slot reader takes advantage of Thunderbolt 3’s 40Gbps bandwidth to ingest files simultaneously from two cards at maximum speed—more than double the average ingest speed of USB 3.0 card readers. Using the Sonnet SxS reader enables you to ingest footage from multiple cards in much less time for a significantly more efficient workflow.
Thunderbolt 3 – The USB 3 That Does It All
The SF3 Series – SxS Pro Card Reader includes two Thunderbolt 3 ports; the first connects it to your computer, while the second supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices(2) to a single port on your computer. The reader includes 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using the proper cable or adaptor. The SxS reader also provides full support for connecting up to two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz(4). For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to bus-powered other devices, such as the SF3 Series – CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader.
Compact, Rugged, and Stackable – Ingest Four or More Cards Simultaneously
The SF3 Series – SxS Pro Card Reader – measuring a compact 5.75 inches wide by 1 inch high by 5.1 inches deep—is suitable for use in any workspace. The reader’s extruded aluminium shell makes it lightweight, yet rugged enough to be transported in an equipment bag without fear of damaging the case. SF3 Series card readers are designed to be stacked, allowing multiple readers such as additional SxS Pro Card Readers and Sonnet’s CFast 2.0 Pro Card Readers to occupy the same footprint. The SxS reader enables you to daisy chain multiple readers to ingest four, six or more cards simultaneously, taking advantage of Thunderbolt 3’s 2,750 MB/s bandwidth.
For Tech Specs, Downloads, FAQs and Compatibility Guides…
…Ask Bruce or Sonnet Technologies
Check out: Thunderbolt 3 Product Range