Sonnet Solo 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition
Solo 10G SFP+ is a powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-SR Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price
Technical advances plus cheaper gear have enabled creators to capture and output more content than ever at 4K and higher resolutions. The resulting files are larger, too. When moving all that data between your computer and networked storage, a simple Gigabit Ethernet connection can negatively impact your productivity. For post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows, you need more speed—10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) is the new data transfer standard. Affordable switches have lowered costs for setting up 10GbE infrastructure; however, the price of adding fibre optic client connectivity has remained high. Now, there is an equally affordable 10GbE interface for your Mac® or Windows®(1) computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports—Sonnet’s Solo 10G™ SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adaptor, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity at a breakthrough price.
The Solo 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adaptor includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver (the most commonly-used optical transceiver), enabling you to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable (optical cables sold separately) at distances up to 300 meters.
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity—Powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Cost-Effective—Low cost adaptor includes 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver; supports connection up to 300 meters to 10GbE infrastructure via LC multi-mode fiber optic cable (sold separately)
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
- Energy Efficient—Supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard to reduce the adaptor’s power demands on your computer
- Easy Setup—Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows(1) Device Manager
- Small and Silent—Adaptor is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient—Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo 10G SFP requires no power adaptor
- Rugged Construction—Aluminium enclosure withstands heavy use
- Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
Safe and Secure
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Solo 10G SFP+ adaptor was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adaptor is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorised attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adaptor inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo 10G adaptor’s firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
Replaceable Captive Cable
Through the use of a captive cable, the Solo 10G SFP+ adaptor’s Thunderbolt connector remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorised reseller.
Advanced Features, Intelligent Operation
The Solo 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adaptor attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilisation through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adaptor also supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet standard (IEEE 802.3az), which reduces the adaptor’s power demands on your computer.
Additional SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet includes a short-range multi-mode fiber SFP+ module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR, with the Solo 10G SFP adaptor. Sonnet also offers a long-range single-mode fibre module (up to 10 kilometres), part number G10E-SFP-LR (sold separately); and a 10GBASE-T copper module (up to 30 meters using CAT 6A cables), part number G10E-SFP-T (sold separately). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long(2).
Pocketable, Bus-Powered, and Silent
Unlike most 10GbE adaptors, the Solo10G SFP+ is pocketable—measuring only 3.1 inches wide by 4.9 inches deep by 1.1 inches tall—and bus-powered to enable truly portable use without a power adaptor. Designed using the latest technologies, and wrapped in a rugged aluminium case, the Sonnet adaptor is cool running and doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent and energy-efficient operation.
How simple? Connect the Solo 10G SFP+ adaptor to your computer and to the network switch (or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage), and then configure the adaptor’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel or Windows(3) Device Manager.