Sonnet Solo5G USB 3 to 5GbE Adaptor
Solo5G is an inexpensive USB 3 to 5GbE adaptor that adds an RJ45 port with superfast 5 Gigabit network connectivity to Mac®, Windows®, and Linux® computers with USB-A, USB-C®, or Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Adds 5 Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity: Adds a multi-Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) port to your computer.
- Supports NBASE-T Standard: 5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s speeds supported when used with a multi-Gigabit compatible switch or router. Also supports 1 Gb/s and 100 Mb/s speeds.
- Budget Friendly: Low-cost adaptor connects your computer to infrastructure via inexpensive Cat 5e (or better) cables at distances up to 100 meters.
- Broad Computer Compatibility: Connects to any USB-A, USB-C, or Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain.
- Advanced Features: Hardware encryption prevents unauthorised firmware modification. Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard supported.
- Easy Configuration: Change the adaptor’s settings using operating system tools.
- Small and Silent: Adaptor is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments.
- Bus-powered: Powered through its USB connection, the Solo5G requires no power adaptor.
- Two USB Cables Included: Includes USB-C to USB-C and USB-A to USB-C cables.
Faster Transfers Across Existing Cabling
Have you installed a new NBASE-T™ ready 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch recently, but don’t have Cat 6a cabling required to support 10Gb? Or your corporate Ethernet switch has been upgraded with support for multi-Gigabit Ethernet and you want to economically deliver faster network performance to every desk? Maybe you just have a computer without enough PCIe card slots or Thunderbolt™ ports to add an adapter. How would you like to quadruple your computer’s network connection speeds over existing Cat 5e Ethernet wiring?
Sonnet has what you need—the Solo5G™, an inexpensive USB 3 to 5GbE adaptor that adds an RJ45 port with superfast 5 Gigabit network connectivity to Mac®, Windows®, and Linux® computers with USB-A, USB-C®, or Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Newer Standard, Faster Speeds
Featuring NBASE-T technology (also known as multi-Gigabit Ethernet) the Solo5G adaptor supports 5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s link speeds (5GBASE-T and 2.5 GBASE-T, respectively) over common Cat 5e cabling when used with a compatible multi-Gigabit Ethernet switch or 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch with NBASE-T support. Models from Buffalo, Cisco, Netgear, QNAP, TRENDnet and others are available now.
Connected to the right switch, you can get great performance gains—from 250 to 400 percent the speed of Gigabit Ethernet—without rewiring! In case you’re connecting to a switch without NBASE-T support, the Solo5G also supports 1 Gb/s and 100 Mb/s link speeds.
Free Lifetime Tech Support
Sonnet was established in Irvine, California in 1986. Since then, we’ve pioneered and brought to market many innovative and award-winning products that enhance the performance and connectivity of Mac, Windows, and other industry-standard computers. Many of our employees (including engineers) have been with the company for more than 20 years (some have been here since the beginning). We have a wealth of knowledge about our current and past products. Should you ever need technical support on one of our products, contact us; we’ll be around to help you.
The Solo5G measures just 1.5 inches wide by 3.25 inches deep by 0.7 inches tall, and fits easily into a pocket in your backpack or equipment bag. Enabling truly portable use, the Sonnet adaptor is powered by your computer’s USB or Thunderbolt 3 port, connecting via one of the included 0.5-meter USB-C to USB-C or USB-A to USB-C cables.
Simple Driver Installation, Simple Configuration
To enable your system to support the Solo5G, simply download the macOS®, Windows, or Linux driver from Sonnet and run the installer. To adjust the Solo5G’s settings, just connect the adaptor between your computer and the network switch (or directly to multi gigabit-enabled storage), and then configure the settings through the macOS Network control panel, Windows Device Manager, or Linux command line (or graphical utility).
Efficient and Silent
The Solo5G adaptor supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces the adaptor’s power demands on your computer. The adaptor runs cool enough that it doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent operation.
Safe and Secure
The Solo5G incorporates encryption in hardware, protecting the adaptor against malicious firmware modification that could enable covert computer access. Any unauthorised attempt to modify the firmware renders the adaptor inoperable. This security feature prevents the Solo5G adaptor from being reprogrammed, except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.