Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition
Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition is a powerfully simple way to add two 10GbE SFP+ connections to your Mac with Thunderbolt 2
Lightning-Fast 10GbE Over Thunderbolt 3
Do you need a simple and cost-effective way to connect your computer to a high-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) network? By offering ten times the performance of Gigabit Ethernet and more bandwidth over shared networks, and by supporting specialised applications such as using high-performance shared storage systems for editing HD video, it’s no wonder that 10 Gigabit Ethernet use has skyrocketed—the problem is that the vast majority of computers don’t include a native connection. Sonnet’s Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE adaptor is the powerfully simple solution for you to add lightning fast 10 Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity to any Mac® or any Windows® PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Adds High-Performance 10GbE SFP+ Connectivity—Powerfully simple way to add two 10GbE SFP+ connections to your Mac with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt ports, or Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 2 port
- Connection Flexibility—Choose two short-range or two long-range SFP+ transceivers plus LC fibre optical cables (all sold separately), or two SFP+ direct-attach Twinax copper cables (sold separately) to connect the Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE adaptor to your network or storage
- Compact and Light—Adaptor is small enough to sit on most any work surface
- Remarkably Quiet—Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan automatically and quietly cools the adaptor
- Rugged Aluminium Housing—Provides robust and secure protection for any environment
- Upgrade-able—Upgrade-able to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt 3 interface card
- Easy Setup—Configured through OS X Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Supports Transparent Fail-over—Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Supports Link Aggregation (Teaming)—Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain(1)
- Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports—Daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer
- Small. Light. Quiet.
Measuring a scant 4 inches wide by 8.25 inches long by 2.75 inches tall, the Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE adaptor is small enough to sit on most any work surface, but large enough to support adequate airflow inside the case and enable its temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adaptor running cool, whisper-quiet at all times. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminium, the outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Simple Setup, Smart Performance
Setup is easy—connect the Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE adaptor to the host computer via the included Thunderbolt cable, download and install a driver, connect the adaptor to the switch or device’s 10GbE ports via LC fibre optic cables (SFP+ transceivers and fibre optic cables sold separately), or SFP+ direct-attach copper cables (sold separately), and then configure the adaptor through the OS X® Network control panel or Windows Device Manager. The second Thunderbolt 2 port supports daisy chaining, supporting the connection of up to six devices to a single port on the host computer.
This Sonnet adaptor’s increased throughput performance and low host-CPU utilisation are achieved with functions such as flow control support, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading, enabling your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. With its dual ports, the Sonnet adaptor supports transparent fail-over to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and it also supports link aggregation (teaming)(1) for increased throughput!
Flexibility of SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet offers three SFP+ transceiver options (sold separately)—a short-range multi-mode fibre module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR; a long-range single-mode fibre module (up to 10 kilometres), part number G10E-SFP-LR; and a 10GBASE-T copper module, part number G10E-SFP-T (Cat 6A cable up to 100 meters). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long (sold separately).