TriCaster 40 V2
A multi-camera, live video studio for any desktop—just add cameras, plug it in, and go.
TriCaster 40 V2. Fast Setup. Easy to Use.
Just plug in, power on, and you’re up and running with your very own show in no time.
All-in-one Live Production.
Mix cameras, video, graphics, audio, titles, network sources and now, even custom animated effects. No other hardware required.
The same formats used in broadcast television, with video connections that let you use HD cameras in your price range.
Whether across campus or across town, the portable TriCaster fits anywhere you have a tabletop or A/V cart.
Choppy, grainy online video is a thing of the past. Go HD directly to the Web with one-button live streaming.
Television-style Sets and Backgrounds.
Turn even the tiniest production space into a lifelike virtual studio with real-time moving backgrounds.
Transitions. Animated effects. Full-screen graphics. Titles. Picture-in-picture. Customise your show with network-quality design.
Simple. Powerful. TriCaster Interface.
See how easy our all-in-one video studio is to learn and operate – all on your own.
Switcher Channels: 14 – 6 external, 4 internal, 4 virtual inputs
Video Input: 4 simultaneous live video sources via analog BNC connections, in any combination of HD Component, SD Component, Y/C or Composite and supported resolutions
- Each input includes integrated frame synchroniser
- Independent keying, cropping, Proc Amp and white balance controls per input
Network Sources: 2 simultaneous live sources via Gigabit connection, selectable from any available network sources, including AirSend™-compatible systems, devices and applications, networked computers via iVGA™; and video and CG sources from compatible third-party partner solutions
Media: 3 integrated digital media players for video and graphics
- 1 x DDR
- 2 x GFX
Virtual Inputs: 4 independent, mix/effect-style channels supporting multi-source compositions, virtual sets, double-box effects and more
- 3 configurable sources per channel, each with independent positioning, scaling and cropping, including upstream keyer with DVE and transition controls
Downstream Key: 2 DSK channels, each with independent DVE, transition controls, positioning and scaling
Effects and Transitions: Integrated TransWarp effects engine on all effects channels supporting standard transitions, customisable animation store transitions with audio, and overlay effects
- Supports per-pixel alpha blending between sources and real-time 3D warping
- Includes Animation Store Creator for custom animations
CG: Includes default title templates and LiveText™ character generator for custom designs
Virtual Sets: 24 HD live virtual sets, with multiple camera angles, real-time reflections, specular highlights, animated zoom and presets
Video Output: Configurable for up to 5 output connections
- 2 x Analog (BNC) video output groups (Program and SD-only Aux), configurable for Component or Y/C + Composite
- 1 x live streaming output
Recording: Native recording in resolutions up to 1080p (Program, Aux, or any individual camera input)
- Encoding format selectable from among QuickTime®, MPEG-2 (high or normal profile), AVI (Speed HQ), and H.264 (high or Web-quality)
Recording Capacity: Accommodates ~ 20 hours 1080i or ~ 120 hours 480i via internal drive in default QuickTime format (varies by resolution and format)
Live Streaming: HD live streaming with simultaneous stream file archive
- Support for Adobe® Flash® streaming, Microsoft® Windows Media® Push/Pull, and browser-based streaming applications
- Support for most common streaming files, including presets up to 720p
- Streaming Profile Manager with integrated Web browser
Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4” (mono; mic), 2 x RCA (stereo L/R; line)
Audio Outputs: 2 x RCA (stereo L/R; line), 1 x 1/4” (stereo; phones)
Audio Mixing: Integrated multi-channel audio mixer for internal and external audio sources, effects, output, stream and headphones
Supported Session Formats: NTSC model: 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 1080/60i, 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p, 480i (16:9 or 4:3). Multi-Standard model also includes equivalent NTSC-J and PAL selections
Supported Media File Formats:
- Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG (1, 2, all profiles, program or transport streams), MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
- Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, EXR, RAW, TIF, and more
- Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Media Import: Import Media application for batch import of files with optional transcoding to file formats suitable for live production use
Media Export: Export Media application for batch export of files with optional transcoding to compatible formats for different applications and devices
Monitoring: DVI and HDMI monitor outputs for user interface and multiviewer displays, with selectable layouts
Signal Monitoring: Integrated Waveform and Vectorscope, full field rate with colour preview and support for ITU-R Rec. 601 and 709
Processing: Video: 4:4:4:4, 32-bit Floating Point. Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
- 10.4 x 8.5 x 17.5 in (26.4 x 21.6 x 44.5 cm)
- 19 lbs (8.6 kg)
You may also want: TriCaster 40 CS