News & Updates…
Ki Pro GO v3.0 Update
AJA has released Ki Pro GO v3.0 firmware for its multi-channel H.264 recorder and player, introducing expanded recording options with new network based recording and support for SMB protocols via GigE network connectivity. Ki Pro GO v3.0 enables any channel to be recorded directly to a network attached storage (NAS) device via Ki Pro GO’s integrated GigE port, providing a central location for primary or backup recording channels independent of local USB storage.
- Added the ability to use network storage (“NAS”) as a record and playback location via several SMB dialects
- Fixed issue where illegal names could be added through the Gang page
- Fixed issue where audio meters on super out ch2 were being duplicated on ch4
- Fixed issue where SDI embedded audio input had a periodic tick
- Improved playback stability
- Various system performance and stability improvements.
OG-12GDA-2×4 now shipping!
The new openGear 12G-SDI distribution amplifier featuring dual-channel inputs for incoming 12G-SDI signals, with re-clocking of the distributed signals to dual 4x 12G-SDI outputs. The new card features compatibility with OGX, OG3 and DFR-8321 openGear frames, and DashBoard software support on Windows, macOS, and Linux for remote monitoring.
AJA Desktop Video v15.5.1, Kona & the new Mac Pro
*CORRECTION: While the statement that the Mac Pro supports the PCIe powered version of Kona 5 is correct, the claim it does not support ATX power is incorrect. There are ATX power connectors on the new Mac Pro and cable kits are available to connect cards that require this power. For example, these from Belkin: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HMUJ2ZM/A/belkin-aux-power-cable-kit-for-mac-pro
The AJA Kona 5 needs power. In traditional computers – and some Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion systems (eg. Sonnet Echo Express IIIe) – this power is supplied via an ATX connector at the back directly from the power supply. The new Mac Pro however can pump all the power required through the PCIe slots!
This means that you need to ensure that you order the correct Kona 5 model to suit your system. New Mac Pro owners should ensure they are ordering the KONA-5-R0-S01 supporting PCIe power. Most other systems will likely be using the KONA-5-R0 supporting ATX Power.
Further to this, the new Mac Pro ships with Catalina and as such, AJA have a shiny, new version of Desktop Video Software – v15.5. This release adds not just Catalina, but also Metal support, as well as expanded HDR and 8K capabilities!
HELO v4.1 Available for Download
Network Recording Enhancements & Performance Improvements
HELO v4.1 introduces a host of performance improvements and new support for SMB level 2.0, 2.1 and 3.0, in addition to new RTMP user selectable modes to improve server/CDN connections.
OG-ROI-DVI and OG-ROI-HDMI now shipping!
Featuring DVI or HDMI to SDI region-of-interest scaling, scan conversion and image rotation in the openGear format. Each card is designed for use in openGear 2RU frames, and can be remotely configured and monitored over a PC or local network using DashBoard software.
FS in a Mini Converter
The FS-Mini is a new broadcast quality utility frame sync that packs the production-proven functionality and all of the reliability of AJA’s leading FS frame sync technology into a portable Mini-Converter. FS-Mini supports frame synchronisation and up, down, cross-conversion of untimed 3G-SDI, HD and SD video signals.
FS-Mini allows users to synchronise and convert a wide range of video formats to their house standard with a 3G-SDI input and output, HDMI output, and a two-channel RCA style audio output Mini-Converter. The device also features a reference input that can be used to lock a local reference and can be easily controlled via local DIP switches or USB and AJA’s Mini-Config application.
Introducing Desktop Software v15.5 for KONA, Io and T-TAP products
Desktop Software v15.5 highlights include:
- Full compatibility with macOS Catalina
- New Metal support on macOS
- Full 2SI SMPTE raster support for 8K on KONA 5
- RGB support for 8K capture and playback on KONA 5
- HDR Test Patterns in AJA Control Panel
- New DirectShow support for KONA 5 and KONA IP
- Multiple enhancements across AJA Control Panel and AJA Control Room
- Support for Windows®, Linux® and macOS®
“Desktop Software v15.5 is targeted at helping users achieve their intended creative vision, no matter the format or desktop operating system,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “Our KONA and Io products offer unprecedented connectivity, and the newest software upgrade features even better support for 8K workflows and new enhancements to power creative workflows on Windows, Linux and the latest macOS.”
Available later this year.
AJA Debuts KUMO 6464-12G at IBC 2019
AJA Video Systems unveiled KUMO 6464-12G, a new SDI router featuring 64x 12G-SDI inputs and 64x 12G-SDI outputs for high quality, cost-effective signal routing. KUMO 6464-12G suits a range of broadcast, production, post, and proAV environments and allows professionals to take advantage of the scalability, security, and increased bandwidth that 12G-SDI provides.
With KUMO 6464-12G, professionals can easily route and control video with embedded audio to/from BNC connections with auto reclocking of SDI rates. The KUMO routers can be configured for ganged dual and quad-port routing, so that users can easily combine multiple inputs and outputs for Dual Link, 4K, UltraHD and 8K workflows, enabling seamless routing of uncompressed, compressed, or Raw 4K signals throughout a facility.
New v2.2 firmware update that introduces a host of performance improvements for its IP Mini-Converter receivers, including new UltraHD support up to 50p for IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G-HDMI, as well as Reference Input support for IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI
Dolby Vision support is expected to soon be available for its Hi5-4K-Plus and Hi5-12G Mini-Converters via an upcoming firmware release. The update will make it easier for creative professionals to achieve their artistic visions by enabling the conversion of Dolby Vision encoded HDR content on SDI to be converted to HDMI for PQ HDR monitoring on affordable HDMI displays.
AJA brings 12G-SDI connectivity to its powerful real-time HDR monitoring and analysis platform.
AJA Video Systems announced the new HDR Image Analyzer 12G, bringing 12G-SDI connectivity to its powerful real-time HDR monitoring and analysis platform developed in partnership with Colorfront. The new product streamlines 4K/UltraHD HDR monitoring and analysis workflows by supporting the latest high-bandwidth 12G-SDI connectivity.
“Since its release, HDR Image Analyzer has powered HDR monitoring and analysis for a number of feature and episodic projects around the world. In listening to our customers and the industry, it became clear that a 12G version would streamline that work, so we developed the HDR Image Analyzer 12G which we’re proud to showcase at IBC this year,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
Corvid 44 12G Now Shipping
Take command of the most challenging projects using the immense power of the newest member of the Corvid product line. Corvid 44 12G is AJA’s blazingly fast, compact 8-lane PCIe 3.0 I/O card with four bidirectional 12G-SDI HD BNC connections, designed for today’s most demanding video and audio workflows.
“Growing consumer appetite for ever higher quality content is prompting more professionals to deliver in 4K and 8K. Corvid 44 12G arrives at a prime time, giving Developers access to powerful I/O technology to create solutions that streamline how high resolution, deep colour content is created and delivered,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
HDR Roadshow highlights AJA Video’s Complete HDR Workflow Solutions
What is HDR?
The pursuit of High Dynamic Range (HDR) is the dream of getting closer to the Human Visual System (HVS) in all that we experience as viewers.
- HDR is a new display system that is designed to better represent what the human vision system (HVS) can see.
- Human vision sees the world with lots of dynamic range and a wide range of colours.
- Modern cameras have up to 14 stops of dynamic range.
- BT.709 Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) systems can show only up to the equivalent of about 6 stops.
- HDR attempts to show much more of the world we see, starting with the larger camera dynamic range available today at source and through the production chain and ultimately for presentation on affordable displays optimised for HDR.
You may have missed the event, but if you are interested in understanding more about HDR and the tools available check out their comprehensive HDR Solutions Site, or speak to Broadcast Bruce.
FS1-X New v1.1.2 Firmware!
FS1-X v1.1.2 is now available for download, a free maintenance update that includes several important enhancements addressing image quality.
Video output is improved to remove possible artifacts when downscaling.
Improved image quality when the Frame Rate Converter (FRC) option is installed and enabled.
AJA Kumo Routers & Control Panels Receive v4.5 Firmware Upgrade
This version of KUMO firmware adds support and improvements for KUMO-12G routers and one key feature for all KUMO products. All users of KUMO products are encouraged to update to the latest firmware.
Added IP configuration for all AJA KUMO routers and control panels (over USB port) using eMiniSetup v2.0.0 and later.
Improves the SDI performance in KUMO-1616-12G and KUMO-3232-12G. All KUMO 1616-12G and 3232-12G products should be updated to v4.5.0.
IPT-10G2-HDMI & IPT-10G2-SDI — SMPTE ST 2110 Mini-Converters – Now Shipping!
The two new models are single channel IP video transmitters for bridging traditional HDMI and 3G-SDI signals to SMPTE ST 2110 for IP-based workflows.
The converters are suited for broadcast studios, sports trucks, newsrooms, enterprise media facilities, stadiums, concerts and other live event and professional AV environments
Fourteen New openGear Rackframe Cards with DashBoard Support!
- Re-clocking SDI distribution amplifiers
- Single-mode 3G-SDI fibre converters
- Multi-Mode 3G-SDI fibre converters
- SDI audio embedder/disembedder
For critical broadcast applications, AJA openGear compatible converter cards provide the highest levels of quality and reliability for use in openGear frames including the new AJA OG-X-FR. AJA offers cards for infrastructure, HDMI/SDI conversion, Fiber conversion and scaling. All new AJA openGear are DashBoard software compatible, allowing easy configuration and control.
FS-HDR v3.0 Firmware with enhanced colouring tools and support for multi-channel Dynamic LUTs and Improvements for broadcast, on-set, post and proAV HDR production:
- New Colorfront Engine™ Film Mode
- Input Dynamic Range and Gamut: Support for a broad range of selections including SDR, PQ, HLG, HLG Extended, Sony Slog3, ARRI Log C, Panasonic V-Log, Red Log3G10, Canon Log 2 and Log3, ACEScct
- Output Dynamic Range and Gamut: Support for a variety of selections including SDR, PQ, HLG, HLG Extended, Sony Slog3, ARRI Log C and ACEScct
- Nit Level Control for PQ Output: Variable adjustments from 48-4000 Nits
- DCI P3 Colorspace Clamp for HDR Output
- SDR Preview for HDR Output
- HDR Amount and Ambient Surround Compensation
- LOOK: Look A Select, Look B Select and A/B Mix
- Includes 23 different optional Looks including popular film emulation with Bleach, Ektachrome, Kodachrome, ARRI K1S1, FujiXD and more.
- Grading Colorspace Selection: LogC, ACESscct, and SLog3
- ASC CDL Defined Parameters: Slope, Power, Offset, and Saturation
- Scene Referred Adjustments: Exposure, Color Temp and Tint
- Colorfront Engine Live Mode for Transforms with New Additions:
- Input/Output Dynamic Range: Support for HLG Extended
- Nit Level Control for PQ Output: Variable adjustments from 48-4000 Nits
- DCI P3 Colorspace Clamp for HDR Output
- Updated BBC v1.3 LUTs: This update includes the latest improvements to the BBC’s licensed HLG conversion LUTs
- Single-channel and Four-channel Dynamic LUT Mode Integrates with:
- Pomfort LiveGrade Pro
- TV Logic WonderLookPro
HDR Image Analyzer v1.1 Firmware
- New Web UI with support for remote updates, log and screenshot transfers
- Remote Desktop support
- UI enhancement for HDR/PQ display over DisplayPort
- Automated Colour Space switching over SDI for SDR/PQ/HLG
- Out of Gamut MAX warning: Provides notice if colour goes outside of P3d65
- Frame average Light Level (LL) bar
- Vectorscope enhancements
- TC bypass improvements
AJA Releases Ki Pro Ultra Plus v4.0 Firmware
Packed with new features, the update advances recording customisation – supporting file naming, time code super out controls, and audio channel mapping! The following features have been added or revised for v4.0 firmware:
- Forced Rollover: when rollover mode is enabled, the SLOT button can now be held down to activate the rollover at any time, allowing continuous recording to a second Pak drive and providing rollover conditions are met.
- Analogue/AES audio mapping: users are able to select pairs of Analogue and AES audio and assign them by input, according to their needs, in addition to the previous options of SDI, AES or Analogue.
- Move-able time code burn-in: There are now six user select-able positions available for the time code burn-in feature.
- Independent multi-channel fle naming: Users can now add a ‘channel identifier’ to each clip, in addition to the previously available naming options.
- RS-422 ID selection: Ki Pro Ultra Plus now offers three user selections for the RS-422 ID; Ki Pro Ultra, Ki Pro Rack and Sony’s SRW-5500.
AJA Expands IP Mini-Converter Portfolio
AJA Video Systems today announced new IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI SMPTE ST 2110 video and audio receivers featuring new dual 10 GigE SFP+ cages that provide hitless switching for redundancy protection in critical distribution and monitoring applications and support for bridging UltraHD or HD signals over IP to HDMI or SDI. The IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI support monitoring of SMPTE 2110 signals via HDMI (up to UHD p30) and 3G-SDI (up to HD p60) respectively. Both feature a reference-in via BNC for seamless integration into existing baseband environments such as master control, trucks or edit suites.
KONA HDMI is highly flexible PCIe capture card, designed for four simultaneous channels of HD capture, with popular streaming and switching applications including Telestream Wirecast and vMix. KONA HDMI uniquely also offers capture of one channel of UltraHD up to 60p over HDMI 2.0, via AJA Control Room software for file compatibility with most NLE and effects packages. It is also compatible with other popular third party solutions for live streaming, projection mapping and VR workflows. LEARN MORE
KONA 1 is a robust, cost efficient single channel 3G-SDI 2K/HD 60p I/O PCIe card. KONA 1 offers serial control and reference/LTC, and features standard application plug-ins, as well as AJA SDK support, and is perfect for broadcast, post, proAV, and OEM developers. The new card supports 3G-SDI capture, monitoring and/or playback with software from AJA, Adobe, Avid, Apple, Telestream and others, and enables simultaneous monitoring during capture (pass-through). LEARN MORE
IO IP with THUNDERBOLT 3
Io IP is a portable Thunderbolt 3 ingest and playback device for professional HD video and audio over IP, bridging 10 GigE to the most popular creative software applications. Io IP has all the portable benefits of the Io family line with two Thunderbolt 3 ports for flexibility. It works with AJA’s Control Room, Control Panel software and SDK tools, providing support for leading content creation applications, such as Adobe Premiere® Pro, Apple FCP X, Avid Media Composer®, FilmLight products and more. Designed as a flexible platform with support for SMPTE 2022-6 and 2022-7 uncompressed IP video and audio, and SMPTE 2110 to come soon, Io IP offers you the flexibility to keep current as the IP transition proceeds. LEARN MORE
IPR-10G-HDMI Mini-Converter – Bridge SMPTE 2110 to HDMI over 10 GigE
Easily monitor HD SMPTE ST 2110 signals via HDMI with IPR-10G-HDMI. Our new Mini-Converter receives ST 2110 over 10 GigE and formats the data for output on a full-size HDMI interface. Associated audio is extracted, synchronised and embedded into the HDMI interface and output on an analogue RCA interface. Learn More
KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G – New 12G-SDI Compact Routers
Two new 12G-SDI KUMO routers support large format resolutions, high frame rate (HFR) and deep color formats, while reducing cable runs when transporting 4K/UltraHD over SDI. The routers offer network based and/or physical control, adding a new USB port for configuring IP addresses via AJA’s eMini-Setup software. Multi-port gang-routing also means the new 12G-SDI models are 8K ready! More on KUMO 3232-12G / KUMO 1616-12G
New openGear Cards with DashBoard Support – Convenient Configuration, Monitoring and Control over a PC or Local Network
Designed for use in compatible openGear 2RU frames including AJA’s OG-3 2RU frame, the new cards combine the reliability and functionality of AJA Mini-Converters with the high density openGear architecture. New DashBoard software support on Windows, macOS, and Linux provides convenient and industry standard configuration, monitoring and control options over a PC or local network.
Learn More About:
OG-3G-AMA: 3G-SDI ANALOG AUDIO EMBEDDER/DISEMBEDDER
OG-UDC: 3G-SDI UP, DOWN, CROSS-CONVERTER
OG-4K2HD: 4K/ULTRAHD-SDI TO 3G-SDI DOWN-CONVERTER
OG-HI5-4K-PLUS: 4K/ULTRAHD-SDI TO HDMI 2.0 CONVERTER
OG-HA5-4K: HDMI TO 4K/ULTRAHD-SDI CONVERTER
AJA Bridge Live JPEG 2000 Option
AJA Bridge Live Maintenance
AJA Bridge Live
AJA Ki Pro Ultra 12G
AJA HDR Image Analyzer 12G
AJA OG-FiDO 3G-SDI to Fibre Converters
AJA Kumo 6464-12G Compact Router
AJA Ki Pro GO
AJA KONA 5
AJA OG-X-PS Power Supply
AJA OG-X-FR openGear Frame
AJA HA5-12G Mini Converter
AJA Hi5-12G Mini Converter